What's your top 3 requests after 0.2 Final. (1 Viewer)

KRA

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Home Country
Norway Norway
Damn, it's so hard to do only 3 wishes.

1. DVB-T, DVB-S - recording more than one channel in multiplex simultaneously (with one card)
2. Server/Client, at least a backend that records scheduled recordings even though MP isn't running.
3. Plugin to cut cummercials and/or comskip

I'm gonna add a few more things, because I think it will be easy to add feature.

4. The ability to make one recording out of different programs in the EPG. example, tomorrow there is a fotball game on TV, in the TV guide it's listed as:
20:00 -> 20:45 FIRST HALF
20:45 -> 21:00 STUDIO
21:00 -> 22:00 SECOND HALF

Now I end up with 3 seperate programs, and most likely the first half will not finnish until the the first recording has stopped, and the second started. What I want, is the option to let MP know it should treat this as one recording. It can be done with manual recording..

5. When you are recording something and you go into mytv it jumps in real-time, rather than from the beginning of the recording, it seems that most people like it this way, I can accept that, but can you at least but the current recordings in the "recorded tv" menu while it's recording, not only when it's finnished, so I can go directly there and choose the recording and watch it from the beginning.

example again, I'm 15 minutes late for my scheduled fotball game, now I don't want to enter mytv and view 15 minutes in, maybe see there score, before I get to rewind... I want to see it from the start.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: Weather plugin

AlexS said:
    At present we can pull down sat images etc from weather.com. I would like to see a key above/below each map image to tell me what the weather symbols/colours actually mean.

Oh and when I change TV channels, I see the station and a green bar above it. There is nothing that tells me what this bar indicates.

At present I can't alt/enter in TV mode (display goes screwy in HVR1300) but that's more of a bug at time of posting (hopefully this will be sorted for release). A lot more work needs to be done in the settings section (unstable and I can't tune radio/dvb/analogue individually).

Oh and so say all of us - stability!

Keep up the great work.....

Cheers

Alex

What I think would be simple to impliment in the weather plugin would be allowing the user to change the text of the heading for each image and a checkbox to allow/not allow showing each of those images. You see I don't have images that match with each f the six slots currently available and it doesn't look good (at least for WAF) to show blank images and images that don't match with the title.

One last suggestion for another weather related feature request: Allow live weather radar feed (when the user has access to it).

Mike

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    My top 3:

1: Ability to download skins and plugins and update MP within MP

2: Speed/responsiveness - Expecially Channel Switching!

3: Stability!

/Morten

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I wish the mini-viewer would continue to play what was last being played and continue to show through the initial first screen of many of the plugins.

In other words - I wish the mini-viewer would continue to play TV signal (if that was the last source you were watching) you were just watching when you went to homepage or to weather.

It would show some consistancy. But, if a user doesn't like this - then make it an option in the general configuration page.

Mike

Mike

gwynethh

Portal Member
    August 10, 2004
    For final release I would like to see:
    1. Finalized and working IRTrans display and IR reception support.
    2. The ability to change and remove the myWeather image list (humdity etc) as my USA source does not have all the (same) maps/images currently offered in myWeather.

999. (for next BIG release) USA QAM cable support.

Super work guys. Wish I could help but my programing skills are poor.

Thanx Again

j1nx

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2005
    Ok my 3 wishes

1) Extract the "Core" from the program, and run it seperatly as a service
    2) With above change it is easier to implement Client / Server, my second wish
    3) Implementation of a "simulated" software card as a plugin system ( so people can write external programs communication with this piece of the software-> Think of a IPTV implementation, VLC implementation, external recorder, etc.)

strawberry

Portal Member
    January 5, 2006
    No need for teletext support with MCE2005 remote anymore

MediaPortal Remotes
    On 15/04/2006 [10:22:03] mPod added the following change: MCE2005 remote button mappings are now user-configurable

Tested, works perfect, thnx!!!

regards

Strawberry

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom