What's your top 3 requests after 0.2 Final. (1 Viewer)

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    llecaroz, Your plugin sounds killer, Please create your own post under plugin's and let people know you are writing something. I am sure the feedback for this is going to be crazy! Keep up the good work.

Rudolph

Portal Member
    December 18, 2005
    Nijkerk, Netherlands
    some ideas, that would be nice.

Feature request 1. - Configuration Plug-in.
    Create Media portal with 2 default skins (4:3 and 16:9) , and a skin / Plug-in installer.

The installation procedure will be install MP, if the user want to customize MP the Skin/Plugin installer is selected and skins and plugins are selected downloaded and installed.

The basic Idea is for every plug-in the skin files are copied to 2 general directories one for 16:9 and one for 4:3. so that when a new skin is installed all files in one of the general folders is copied for that skin.to the new skin folder so that all plug-ins work.

When a Plug-in is installed, this plug-in needs update the default skins folders for both resolutions 4x3 and 16x9 so that all skins can be updated during the installation. Before a plug-in is installed, it checks/informs the user about the prerequisites of that plug-in, if a link is provided it will download the prerequisites and start the installation of the prerequisites, the next step is download the plug-in, update the default skins folders for both resolutions 4x3 and 16x9, now it copies all general skin files to all skin folders, copy the other files to the proper directories, copy the skin files to all skins.

It might be expended with the opportunity to install new csn’s and/or update the language files.

It would greatly simplify the installation procedure and make the installation / customization of Mediaportal much easier.

Feature Request 2 - Recorded TV file Management Plugin.

Create a wizard that is capable of selection ms-drv and JPEG files in the recorderd folders, if the selected file is an MSdrv file, convert it to mpeg2, then start an analyse with comskip, and create an file with start and end points to filter out commercials and remove the extra 5 minuts in front and after the recording. Show the analyse in an Time line way, so that the user can manually remove or ad markers, and process, the file, maybe a extra conversion option to XVID, DIVX or an other format would be nice. After this cleanup and conversion of the recording, it would be nice to move the file to an other folder and update the myTVseries database or the movies database.

It would be great to see it completely integrated with MP and in one wizard with progress information and so on.

Thanks devs, keep up the good work
    Regards
    Rudolp

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    pieroxy said:
    My #1 request: IPTV.

I have a box providing telephone and DSL at home, just waiting to provide TV through rtsp://... Quality is perfect and no use for a clunky tuner card. Multiple streams supported... As of today, only VLC can play these streams.

please please please please please ;)

Mine to!

johnbobjamesson

Portal Pro
    June 17, 2004
    Crailsheim
    1. Record directly in MPEG2 and cut the dvr-ms
    2. Plugin to cut cummercials and/or comskip

That's my biggest wish, I want to record a show, cut out the commercials and put it on DVD (via dvdauthor). I like comskip, but it takes quite some time to convert to mpeg2, run comskip, demux, remux, author, burn...

J

Corve

Portal Member
    September 27, 2005
    My BIG number 1 : :D
    pieroxy said:
    My #1 request: IPTV.

I have a box providing telephone and DSL at home, just waiting to provide TV through rtsp://... Quality is perfect and no use for a clunky tuner card. Multiple streams supported... As of today, only VLC can play these streams.

please please please please please ;)

2- some PIP system...

3- Some new tags & functions to allow skinners doing a greatest job :lol:

strawberry

Portal Member
    January 5, 2006
    my top whislist

1 implementation of the teletext keys on the MCE remote (colored keys, page up/down subpage up/down)
    2 client/server
    3 WebEPG, program information (for NL channels)

Ow, PIP would be very nice too (y)

kind regards

Strawberry

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I should have originally made this feature request under this thread but I added to a posting here - forgive me.

But I would like to have the date format allowed to be changed throughout MP (available on any screen/skin) and not just on the home screen plugin. I would like to have an English-US version that would allow displaying in Month/DD/YY (or MM-DD-YY) format. On my homescreen I have it customised to show "Day - Month DD" - I like it and just would like to see it in that (or similar to just the month in front of the day) format on all screens. It gets confusing at first when I am looking to record Jerry Springer (just kidding - I don't watch him even when bored) and I don't know (at first) if the upcoming episodes are on May 4th or April 5th - it is displayed as 4-4 & 5-4.

Would anyone else in the MP community who lives in the US (or is used to this format) like this also?

Mike

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    Mzenina, I would also like to see this. I live in the states and would like to have the option to choose what format I would like to see within MP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom