What's your top 3 requests after 0.2 Final. (1 Viewer)

KeesVDP

Portal Member
May 2, 2006
I know people are working on integrating Comskip but I have a suggestion regarding that. It would be nice if comskip has an option to store the commercial break times in a text file that it uses to skip over like in GB-PVR. That way it doesn't cut the show and if you want to see something it cut you can just rewind or fast foreward into the cut parts and watch it normaly.

Efros

Portal Pro
January 23, 2006
Maine
Home Country
England England
Compression to xvid/divx that works.

Ability to lock views for individual screens in MyMusic, MyMovies etc. or automagically select slideshow for folders and big icons for files.

Ability to lock IMDB content for a specific movie

Ability for MP to accurately predict at what point in a movie I need a cup of tea and to either pause the movie so that I can go get it or to put the kettle on surreptitiously and then flash an alert when the tea's ready! :)

marshall

Portal Pro
February 10, 2006
Portland, OR
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
1. Support for dual-core processors. Multi-threading might solve some of these "speed it up" requests too. I don't think it's too bad, but if it could be better...

2. Something like Girder built in, so I can program my remote from inside MP setup instead of using another program.

3. Keep up the good work on this site, especially with the documentation. This has been getting better; kudos to the people working on making all this information easy to find and read.

MediaPortal is great; thanks to everyone for your hard work!

Tikker

Portal Member
June 5, 2006
pieroxy said:
My #1 request: IPTV.

I have a box providing telephone and DSL at home, just waiting to provide TV through rtsp://... Quality is perfect and no use for a clunky tuner card. Multiple streams supported... As of today, only VLC can play these streams.

please please please please please ;)

100% the same here, and if it's worth anything, I've got 37 other friends who'd switch to media portal in a second if it could tune to multicast channels instead of having to route it thru a capture card

Azzazel

June 13, 2006
pieroxy said:
My #1 request: IPTV.

I have a box providing telephone and DSL at home, just waiting to provide TV through rtsp://... Quality is perfect and no use for a clunky tuner card. Multiple streams supported... As of today, only VLC can play these streams.

please please please please please ;)

100% the same here too ...

hobbes487

Portal Pro
August 25, 2005
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
The number one thing that should be focused on for a bit after 0.2 is core stability and speed. Plugin developers can work on creating additional functionality. The main devs should focus on the main program.

I think i would also help if there was a better way to install plugins, similar to the way meedio did it. I don't know if this has been thought about at all, but i think it would help the developement of plugins.

MP is getting better and better every day. I have high hopes for what it can become.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom