[solved] When playing music Fanart does not appear immediately after downloading (1 Viewer)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    With DontSplitArtistByAnd or without DontSplitArtistByAnd, FH works the same way. The algorithm is one.

--
    WBR, ajs :):whistle::coffee:

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, but if the part after the "and" separator contains other artists e. g. "The Diamonds" (Marina And The Diamonds) who exist, there are wrong Fanarts. And the Fanart maintenance becomes more difficult with the higher amount of (unnecessary) Fanarts.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    But when show and without and in separator list, yo see only original artist fanart, not for artist before or after AND...

--

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You're right.
    But I don't like that users are forced to have unwanted Fanarts in their database only because there might be an issue which happened long time ago.
    If you remove the "and" separator from the code, if users want to have it, they can add it to the FH config.
    And, if there really is an issue without the "and" separator, the users will report it to this forum and then at least we know it and can solve it. Otherwise we may never know the reason.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    If i not mistake, it solve problems for artists like
    - artist1 and artist2 feat artist3

--

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I found when i add this ... Fanart Handler Plugin v4.0.X.000
    It seems that I had some kind of problem with the radio, but I don’t remember what exactly ... I’ll try to remove this piece of code, but I need to check ...

Attachments

• FanartHandler.dll.zip
      472.2 KB

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ah, interesting!

Thank you very much for the change!
    My first impression is good. Fanarts with "and" in the artist name are no longer stored twice and also featured Fanarts are displayed well.
    Now I need some time for a long-term test.

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm really, really satisfied with the new FH version! Fast processing (1,127 blacklist entries), no duplicates and almost 100 % correct search results.
    Also separators work very well now. It's very nice that artists with "and" in their name like "Tones And I" are no longer split into weird names like "first artist: "Tones", second artist "I".

Excellent work und outstanding support, ajs! Really appreciated! (y) (y) (y)

Last edited:

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Another question: If an artist was false detected and its MBID is changed via the FH Configuration, all Fanarts for this artist are deleted. (y)
    However, the wrong artist thumb persists and is not updated on the next track playback.

1591102473806.png

Is this intended?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom