Where are the Menu shortcuts ? (1 Viewer)

Dark Eyes

Portal Pro
February 27, 2011
Country flag
I have just updated MediaPortal from 1.7 to 1.9 and subsequently updated PureVisionHD to version 6.9. I copied out my site settings files and copied them back in after the update, however, I seem to have lost my shortcuts (Recorded TV, Moving Pictures, Videos, etc) that were under the topbar. I have looked in the Skin settings and I can't work out what setting enables this, or has it been removed in this version ?

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Germany Germany
dark eyes, looks like they got removed, but i have created my own "hardcoded" version. You need to backup the original one and delete the cache.

catavolt, it would be great if this would come back in the next version again.

Attachments

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Lanzarote
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    or has it been removed in this version ?
    Just found this thread - yes, it was removed, because I think the new BasicHome Editors are flexible enough to compensate the "loss".
    Furthermore, I never received any feedback whether users use it or not ;)

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Germany Germany
    I think you had a genius idea to improve user friendliness with the topbar.
    My family complained so long until I did the homebrewed version :)
    For mouse navigation it is the fastest way to navigate to the favourite screens. Via the home menu you always need two steps loosing a few seconds.
    It is intuitive and easy, because it is the same from every screen.

I wonder if users did not realize it before because they were not looking in the settings. I do not remeber if you had activated it by default.

By the way, a big thanks for the Xmas edition. It was always great, but this year you topped yourself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    J Where the heck is the Client side setup? General 2
    T [solved] Any idea where Channel 107 (DVB-T2) BBC News HD (and others!) have gone??? Installation, configuration support 12
    morpheus_xx [Help Me!] Where can I find source code for MPUrlSourceSplitter? Developer Discussions 3
    D Where should plugins be located on hard drive? General Support 0
    D I just installed MP 1.23. Which version of Schedules Direct should I use, where do I obtain it from Newcomers Forum 6
    C where is the Online Videos plugin General Support 1
    Jean-Christophe MP 2.2 - Where can I find Movies NOT imported (and why??) ? General 13
    N [fixed] Where do I find radio programmes I have recorded MediaPortal 2 1
    cbr954rr [MP2-795] Where is the radio? General 4
    B [solved] Where is the satellite data now? General 10
    Tinkerer Where to go from mp 1.12? Newcomers Forum 0
    uxDesign [Question] Where are the latest sources of mpextended? MPExtended 3
    H [solved] Where is Input Manager General 1
    A Thumbnails - where are they stored Installation, configuration support 20
    J silly question: where do I add my login details!! OnlineVideos for MediaPortal 2 5
    V Skin With Menu Editor MediaPortal 1 Skins 13
    Rob Hexenmeister Navigation problems adding menu buttons to EPG General Support 1
    M [Duplicate] Always enter full screen when entering TV from main Menu Feature Requests 1
    A [solved] menu sounds General 1
    M.Hulot Warum Blu-ray-Menü nicht anwendbar bei MediaPortal? Allgemeines Supportforum 5
    HTPCSourcer [Evaluate] Remove obsolete menu entries from "MP2 TV Configuration" MediaPortal 2 0
    U [DVD] DVD Menu Navigation for HID keyboard Improvement Suggestions 0
    G How best to get cover art for tracks to show up on the Audio Menu (Latest Added, Unplayed)? General 9
    R TV menu icon does not work to return from sub-menu item Submit: Bug Reports 4
    cbr954rr Possibillity to add more Movie Folders in Menu General 5