Where does the rate dialog upload results to? trakt.tv or thetvdb.com? (1 Viewer)

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @ltfearme I have a question. Where does the rate dialogue box upload its results to? Trakt or thetvdb? Just I notice since updating that after rating I get a message saying Account identifier is not set. My Trakt login is correct and I don't remember ever having a login for the tvdb - but it worked before the update OK.

Thanks!

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    @ltfearme I have a question. Where does the rate dialogue box upload its results to? Trakt or thetvdb? Just I notice since updating that after rating I get a message saying Account identifier is not set. My Trakt login is correct and I don't remember ever having a login for the tvdb - but it worked before the update OK.
    TVSeries has it's own Rate dialog and that gets sent to thetvdb.com which needs an accountid sent, the Trakt plugin will also listen to that event and send to trakt as well.

The trakt plugin also has it's own rate dialog (10 Hearts instead of 10 Stars) which you should enable instead of the internal tvseries one (if you only want to send to trakt.tv), that will just send to trakt.tv only. This can be enabled from the trakt plugin settings in the GUI.

The Internal one is probably doing that now because I removed follw.it which prevented that message before. I will remove the annoying message box as there is no reason why even the Internal one can't be used for storing ratings locally only, for now though enable the trakt one only.

Last edited:

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Thanks for clarifying. Now I'll try to enable tvseries dialog to send rarings to tvdb. I didn't know that trakt dialog is not sending info to tvdb.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Just so you know the TVSeries rating dialog will only ever appear when in TVSeries plugin...it's not as flexible as the trakt one which can show from anywhere e.g. you play an episode from the BasicHome screen or from one of the many Trakt screens. Similarly if you play movie and only have the MovingPictures one enabled, the trakt one will catch it everywhere ;)

If you intend to only ever watch from tvseries then as you say, it wont hurt unless you count the extra web request :LOL:

I didn't know that trakt dialog is not sending info to tvdb.
    Not sure why you would think that, it's a trakt plugin not a tvdb plugin. Now you know.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom