Which Remote Control? (1 Viewer)

enchant

Portal Pro
April 15, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
That certainly seems like a reasonable price, although 15 pounds converted into US dollars these days probably comes out to about $150.

Thanks - I'll see if I can find a US version of the same thing.

vnuckcha

February 2, 2008
Home Country
Finland Finland
Problems with driver for BB+ Dongle (e.d) - Advice

Hi,

I have an HP Slimline computer that was preloaded with Vista Media Center and which came with this model of the remote control: http://memages.jrpereira.com/images_junk/hp_media_center_remote.jpg. I also have an IR remote control for my USB-based DigiTv "card/box" (AnySee e30c+). Due to repetitive crashes of Vista, i have installed XP Pro (SP3) and decided to use MediaPortal as my Media Center. At the moment i am experiencing the following problem with the remote controls. i would like to use any of those remote controls with Media Portal.

Initially, after installing XP, there was an (!) mark next to the USB Controller BB+ Dongle(e.d) in the device manager. To remedy to this problem, i installed the MCE Replacement Driver (developed by AND-81 and available on this forum) and the MCE Replacement Plugin (Remote Plugin) and that corrects the problem in the Device Manager.

However, i am unable to get the remotes to work with MP. I am able to make the Remote Plugin to learn the keys but i cannot use the "binding". For example, if i make the plugin learn that the "Volume +" button on my Remote to be "Volume Up" command and bind it to the macro "Blast: Volume Up" then nothing really happens when using that button on the remote while viewing some Video.

Would anyone have a working solution or an idea how i could solve this ?

Thanks in advance

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    vnuckcha:

Can you post me your MediaPortal.log file (you can copy it into pastebin and drop a link in a reply here).

MediaPortal Pastebin - collaborative debugging tool

Also, just to be 100% clear. I didn't develop MCE Replacement Driver, I just modified it and recompiled it from the original code by BurningZeRoad, which was based on sample code from the MS Windows Driver Development Kit.

I did develop the MCE Replacement plugin 100% myself however.

I just want to make sure that BurningZeRoad (Bruno Fleurette) gets full credit for the MCE Replacement Driver.

Cheers,

vnuckcha

February 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    To And-81:

Thanks for the prompt reply and point taken regarding BurningZeRoad contribution

I have pasted the MediaPortal log file to this location : MediaPortal Pastebin - collaborative debugging tool

i hope the log provides you with some clues but in case it does not please let me know what i can do to get in there those elements that you are expecting.

Thanks in advance.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    ok, I don't see anything in the log you pasted. I've private messaged you my email address, can you send me all your logs ...

You may need to create a folder first ...

\Documents and Settings\All Users\IR Server Suite\Logs

Then send anything that running the plugin creates there.

Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom