Which renderer for Judderfree playback (1 Viewer)

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Arrgh you swines! I might have to jump back to XP finally with this code. I wish Reclock would work in Vista, but sadly it doesn't.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Gibman wanted to thank you for the suggestions of this thread. I've tried the combination reclock + powerstrip and it works perfectly, now I can play whatever media content without any juddering/tearing!!

It would be great if you could write a short guide how to accomplish this (a simple HOW-TO) :)

What programs are needed, how to configure those, what are your MediaPortal settings, display settings etc.

I think this kind of guide would be usefull to many users!

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I will try to do this but I don't know (cause real life) when I will be able to...

blobo

Portal Member
    March 3, 2008
    Would it be possible to use this same methodology with some other program than reclock? Vista has serious issues with reclock, it works sometimes at least with MPC, but many times the files don't open at all or it cannot find the video stream.

Are there some other potential applications, which could be utilized instead of reclock? Many softwares can sniff files' properties, but I guess the problem is that it would have to be something which loads always when a video file is being played (a filter like reclock).

I personally cannot stand waching a 24Hz file with 50Hz as my projector is also capable of 48Hz, so at the moment i change the refresh rate manually with my remote. Actually if reclock worked in vista, i would use it even with 48Hz to convert 23.976 to 24Hz.. Even this tiny difference causes occasional judder, which is noticeable, even with EVR.

E: Actually now that i got this refresh rate control plugin tested, i found no problems with it, so unless something comes up, i'm happy with it. It works with avis, mkvs, dvds and even tv without crashing. Maybe i'm just lucky, but that's how it is.. Afraid to update MP after this though... don't want to lose this feature.

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I dont know of any other filter capable of doing this communication to powerstrip.
    Also the guys behind anyDVD have taken over the development of reclock, they call it "DVDreclock".

http:// f o r u m.s l y s o ft.c o m/showthread.php?t=2337&highlight=reclock

So my guess would be that vista is going to be supported in the end.
    until then XP is the way to go :)

I have attached some screenies from my current running reclock setup.
    Remember to setup the various audio renderers in MP config to reclock, instead of "default directshow audio device".

Try and start MP in windowed mode - when playing back video media u should then see a small green-yellow-red clock in the systray - this is reclock being used. Try and double click it.

Im using media adaption; nearest integer speed + lock.
    this makes 25 fps PAL dvb TV lock onto its original fps which means "no change".
    this makes 23.976 fps divx etc. videos lock onto 24 fps (nearest integer).

Now the vb script, which is located in this thread somewhere does the job of telling powerstrip to use a user defined refresh rate combo.

So edit the script so it matches your setup.
    Ideally u should not use reclock in your graph, before u have made sure which refresh rates u want to run. This is often based on what your TV set can support.

If ur TV can run 48, 58 and 60 hz, then u r good 2 go.
    Otherwise u have to settle with reclock doing its resample thing - then u might not even need powerstrip.

So as u can see the setup differs a lot - u need to find out what ur TV is capable of.

/gibman

Attachments

• audio.JPG
      audio.JPG
      54.9 KB
    • video.JPG
      video.JPG
      44.4 KB
    • adv.JPG
      adv.JPG
      45.1 KB
    • runtime.jpg
      runtime.jpg
      56 KB

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    I'm trying to setup the Reclock + Powerstrip method, but I am having the issue that only the Reclock icon appears in the bottom corner, no codec loads, the screen stays black and it appears to be repeatedly trying to talk to Powerstrip (hourglass is flashing on and off). If I put debug on I can see that the script is choosing to do the correct thing, but it's as if it gets nowhere with Powerstrip and keeps trying. Anyone got any ideas? thanks in advance.

EDIT: I have far worse problems, hard drive has just lost Configuration.exe and a few other files. I think I'd better stabilise this machine before I worry about refresh rates!

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    well, for one - u have to make sure that any powerstrip related dialogues are closed down fully - otherwise it wont accept any incoming commands. Atleast this is what I've seen.

This nag happens on each boot - u have to buy a copy of powerstrip in order to avoid this I think.

Also I might be totally wrong.

/gibman

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    I see what you mean there.

Before the machine went bananas i ran with full debugging and added my own msgboxes. It appeared that the problem was outside the script, as it ran correctly within itself, calling the correct command line, but powerstrip never listened. This is why it kept on trying, it was told all was well at the end but then the problem was not corrected, hence the script ran again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom