Which renderer for Judderfree playback (2 Viewers)

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    I finally got the machine stable (very hot northbridge heatsink!) and tried to set this up again. It seems that it does work ok with the non registered version of powerstrip.

I had great results with myvideos but in tv client the playback rate would go insane. It actually settled on 8 fps (instead of 50fps pal) for reasons I can't really explain. If I switch off reclock for TV it's pretty good, so for now I'm back to the refresh rate control to change refresh for all videos, but using reclock on myvideos to adjust 23.97 to 24 and 29.97 to 30.

Seems to work well, but I'm still getting the occasional judder on 24fps :(

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    It would be alot easier if u told me ...

1) what is your TV set capable of in terms of refresh rates ?
    2) how have u setup reclock + runtime settings as described in the above snapshots I did ?

If u only wish to use reclock as a means to communicate with powerstrip, then it shouldnt do any FPS related changes to the video..it is setup wrong then.

/gibman

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Sorry to confuse, I wasn't asking for help as such but I'll happy discuss the issues.

1. TV appears to take pretty much any refresh rate via DVI->HDMI below 60. I use 48, 50 and 60. I like to default to 60 as I also run games. Pro Evolution 2008 will still run at 48hz but it is slowed down!
    2. Yes it was setup the same apart from the 'assume' drop down boxes and 'Excellent' quality.

I actually do want reclock to adjust film to 24 and NTSC to 30, so that's not wrong. The strange adjustment in TV client to 8fps is a problem I would love to resolve though.

EDIT: It was the Nvidea codec. I changed to WinDVD and now TV client can also use reclock, hence I can use the script instead of the refreshratecontrol. It's working great. Thanks for your info gibman!

spuck

Community Skin Designer
    April 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I can get reclock to change refresh rate with powerstrip but then everything gets stuck and I can do nothing but force quit MP. Even tried a simpler script but the same thing happens. Even if the only thing in the script is "WScript.Quit 0" it gets stuck.
    Have any idea what's wrong?

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Sounds like the powerstrip command is failing. If that happens then Reclock will just continuously retry in a loop until you kill the Mediaportal process.

spuck

Community Skin Designer
    April 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    As I said it successfully changes the refreshrate but then gets stuck.. even if I remove the while loop. Are you using 1.6 or the betaversion?
    Because to me it sounds like reclock is failing and not powerstrip. :) I will try the stable version though.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Oh I see sorry I misread. Not sure what the problem might be then, as I'm doing well with the last beta posted.

What do you mean by stuck exactly?

spuck

Community Skin Designer
    April 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Well haali splitter and reclock show up in the taskbar and MP is stuck where you pressed enter to play.
    Looks like it's working very good with 1.6 though! :D

blobo

Portal Member
    March 3, 2008
    Does reclock work properly with mkv files?

I installed XP back after i got tired of occasional judder with Vista and knew that reclock could fix the problem. (plus, it could be used for changing frame rate automatically) Anyways, it works perfect with AVIs, but i'm having issues with MKVs. It seems like it detects the video stream when i use VMR9 renderless, but it says "Frame rate not detected". If i try Haali render, i get "no video stream found".

The only way to get it work right is to let it assume that the framerate is 23.976. This is not a big issue, as 99% of my mkv files have that frame rate, but it would still be nicer if it could actually detect it instead of guessing, because i might have some mkv files with 25Hz occasionally. I tried both 1.6 stable and the latest beta.

Aurora13

Portal Pro
    November 2, 2006
    When starting a video there's no problem, but if Reclock switches the frequency, I allways get a black screen. I can hear the sound and video playing though.

No else have this problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom