Which USB DVB-S2 Card an CI for MP in Win7? (1 Viewer)

Vlaves

Portal Pro
September 24, 2004
Hi,

I hope someone could help me here about this Topic. I have a Technotrend S2-3650-CI and a Elgato EyeTV Sat
and sadly non of those Cards are working stable in MP under Windows 7 :(

I have to use the Card(s) with an AlphaCrypt Light CI-Module for watching Sky and the card should also support Diseqc-Switching,
cause I whatch Channels on two Satellites.

If someone could recommend me a working Card or guide me how to setup one of my existing Cards it would be great. :)

Thanks

Regards
Vlaves

Vlaves

Portal Pro
September 24, 2004
Hi,

If someone could recommend me a working Card or guide me how to setup one of my existing Cards it would be great. :)

Thanks

Regards
Vlaves

Sadly no response :( 35 view's and no answer :( Seems to be a not so easy topic...

Still hope that somone has samo answers for me :)

Thanks again.
Vlaves

azimek

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2007
    Germany - near Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi !
    Here is a response ;-)
    I am currently using 2 FireDTV boxes. Sadly enough there is no support for them any more.
    So today i bought an eyeTV DVB-S2 Tuner and will try it with Alphacrypt and stuff.

I will let you know, how my testing was.

André

Vlaves

Portal Pro
    September 24, 2004
    First I like to wish you all a happy new Year!

and I would like to bring this Topic back again, since I have not found any stable solution :(

If there is someone using a Technotrend S2-3650-CI or any other DVB-S2-USB-Card with
    q CI-Module (Like Alphcrypt), which is working stable, please give the Information here.

Which Card are you using? Which OS/Driver Vers.? Which MP Version?

I was using the TT Card with the the older Drivers. I think 1.0.22, which was working ok, littele bit slow,
    but ok. But with these Drivers in XP somtimes I got the Message "Scrambled Channel" or "Connection to TV-Server lost"
    or similar. :(

So please, If someone could help me here to get a stable working solution, please respond.

Thanks again...

Vlaves

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Vlaves

If you post your logs (see my signature) then we might be able to help you sort out the problems with the TT card ;)

lbhifi

Portal Member
    April 13, 2009
    If there is someone using a Technotrend S2-3650-CI or any other DVB-S2-USB-Card with
    q CI-Module (Like Alphcrypt), which is working stable, please give the Information here.

Perhaps not the answer you were looking for, but I tried their special Media Center driver, and that seemed to be pretty stable. I could not get it to work with either MediaPortal or DvbViewer.

Vlaves

Portal Pro
    September 24, 2004
    Could you please send me a link. Did you use the Windows 7 Media Center with an Alphycrypt Module.
    Thanks for your answers.

Regards
    Vlaves

Perhaps not the answer you were looking for, but I tried their special Media Center driver, and that seemed to be pretty stable. I could not get it to work with either MediaPortal or DvbViewer.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Vlaves and lbhifi

In the interests of helping other users and improving MediaPortal, I'd really appreciate it if one of you would take the time to describe the stability problems that you have with the TT3650. The team would like to make MediaPortal the best it can be, but we need your help sometimes to make improvements.

:D

Stefanovic45

Portal Member
    February 23, 2011
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I do not want to hack this thread, but I am in the market for a new TV card. Since I have the same requirement as the topic starter, I thought it may be a good idea to ask for advice in this topic instead of opening a new one :)

I have a CI module already, this one here. I was using it in combination with the Technisat Skystar HD 2 but I can't get it work for 100%... Some channels keep stuttering and I don't know why. I think the (pretty cheap) Skystar HD 2 is the problem, so i am looking for a better one.

It looks like I’ve got only 2 options. It's going between the Terratec Cinergy S2 PCI HD and the Technotrend TT-Budget S2-3200 CI, both with CI module. Unfortunately they need a PCI slot instead of a PCI-e x1 slot, availability for this kind of tv-cards is horrible in The Netherlands... The Techotrend is about 20 Euros more expensive than the Terratec in The Netherlands. What would be the best card for my situation? Are there people around with some experience in satellite encrypted signal?
    I’ve read some bad stories about the Terratec, so I prefer the Techotrend :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom