[Help Me!] WHS2011 (1 Viewer)

Jelmo

Portal Pro
September 8, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Maybe i´m not able to understand the wiki correctly
  • WebMediaPortal also requires ASP.NET MVC3, which you also can download from the Microsoft site. This is bundled with the normal WebMediaPortal installation, but not with the IIS edition
So can i ignore this point, cause ASP.NET MVC3 is included in the WebMediaPortal package ?
  • Register ASP.NET with IIS: run aspnet_regiis -ir in %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319 and %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319
In a Command Box ?
  • Give the user the application pool runs as write permissions to C:\Windows\Temp. This is done through the group IIS_IUSRS. (This won't be needed with 0.5.0 anymore).
Totally not understandable. What i have to do ?

It would be great if a WHS2011 user could write me an HowTo .... maybe it´s also too late now

Jelmo

Portal Pro
September 8, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
i have done it like in the wiki and it works to for my, but i must install the service as full install.

mfg
andy

Do you mean this doesn´t work ?
  • Server: this only installs the TVAccessService, which provides access to the databases. Choose this if you have a multiseat setup and you are installing MPExtended on the dedicated TV server.

Morpheus2005

Portal Member
June 21, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Do you mean this doesn´t work ?
  • Server: this only installs the TVAccessService, which provides access to the databases. Choose this if you have a multiseat setup and you are installing MPExtended on the dedicated TV server.
on my whs it works only with full install, but test it if it don't works, then you know what the problem is.
  • WebMediaPortal also requires ASP.NET MVC3, which you also can download from the Microsoft site. This is bundled with the normal WebMediaPortal installation, but not with the IIS edition
So can i ignore this point, cause ASP.NET MVC3 is included in the WebMediaPortal package ? In a Command Box ?
no you must install asp.net seperatly
  • Register ASP.NET with IIS: run aspnet_regiis -ir in %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319 and %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319
In a Command Box ?
thats easy press windows button and r (at the same time) type in the box: cmd (enter) <- thats the command box
then type the Following commands:
cd C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319 (enter)
aspnet_regiis -ir (enter)
cd C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319 (enter)
aspnet_regiis -ir (enter)
so now it's done

• Give the user the application pool runs as write permissions to C:\Windows\Temp. This is done through the group IIS_IUSRS. (This won't be needed with 0.5.0 anymore).
hm i think that can be my problem i didn't do that (i taste it later(at the weekend) no time at the moment

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    There are some problems with WHS2011 indeed. I'm currently looking at using other logging frameworks so that we at least can get some logs from WHS2011 servers, so that I can help you debug your problems. Please give me a few days.

Please note that the IIS edition is aimed at experts. Therefore it's sometimes a bit hard to configure and the documentation a bit terse. Given that none of the currently active developers have a WHS, I don't think this situation will improve soon. If you just want to set it up, use the IIS Express edition. It doesn't hurt to have both IIS and IIS Express installed.

So can i ignore this point, cause ASP.NET MVC3 is included in the WebMediaPortal package ?
    No, only in the regular (non-IIS) installation it's included. For the IIS installation you need to install it manually.
    In a Command Box ?
    Yes.
    Change the permissions of the C:\Windows\Temp folder to give the IIS_IUSRS group write permissions to it. You can do that in Explorer (there should be tutorials about it on Google).

hm i think that can be my problem i didn't do that (i taste it later(at the weekend) no time at the moment
    if you had problems logging on in WebMediaPortal, then this was probably your problem indeed.

Morpheus2005

Portal Member
    June 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    i have done that :
    Change the permissions of the C:\Windows\Temp folder to give the IIS_IUSRS group write permissions to it.
    but it changes nothing.

I can log in but can not look any thing with the flash player see at post 2 with his log files.

I hope you can help me

and thank you for your help

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sorry, can't help you with that due to the log failure. Like I said, there'll be a version with another logging framework which should work on WHS2011, so that we can at least see what causes your problem.

Morpheus2005

Portal Member
    June 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok no problem. The Version of mpExtended with the another logging framework is mpExtended 0.5 or is there another version i shoot chose. (If you are done with it no stress ;) )

mfg
    andy

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yes, it'll probably be 0.5. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Morpheus2005

Portal Member
    June 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    is there an schedule for version 0.5 ? (No stress, i just want to know wenn i can look for anoter version)

mfg
    andy

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Don't expect it earlier then somewhere half April.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom