Why do YOU use MediaPortal? (1 Viewer)

MdFolter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2005
    Breugel
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have used MCE for 1.5 years with no problem. The problems started when I tried to watch DVB-T. At first it appeared to be stable but after a while lots stuttering! I reinstalled windows MCE and disabled all services for MCE. After that I installed MediaPortal which I use for 1 year now and it seldom crashes! It has its short commings and some flaws but hey, most of the time it just works! Even my wifes likes it and she is "promoting" it to girlfriends as well!

Luckily for me, DVB-T has built in TV guide otherwise no decent guide in Holland :( That is the only downside of MP over MCE. See this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/get-support-90/dutch-tv-guide-webepg-43667/

Marcel

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Ibeg said:
    Marcusb said:
    Yep, to me, the webguide is th only reason I would ever consider using VMC over MP.
    Most other things in VMC just annoy me too much.

you know the MP webguide?
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/development-91/self-contained-web-server-interface-27320/

I use that too myself, but as much as I love MP, the Webguide for MCE is just so much nicer. It looks alot better, and has much more features.
    I haven't tried it myself (since I have no PC's with a Media Center OS), but from the looks of video and screens its absolutely amazing.

First of it looks great.
    Second, it is able to stream content over the web, which is something I would love to see MP being able to do. Right now I have to go through another program, ORB.com, to be able to stream my movies and tvseries, and I am still not able to watch live tv.

I would never change to VMC for this reason alone, but it is definately one of the things that could push me in that direction.

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    This is why:

Running 6 channels on our video wall at work.

Would like to know how that is done. To me it looks like 6 monitors, very close together. That way they could each have a different video source, and make this easy to do.

If this is a single screen, with only one source (which is VMC i suppose, since you post in this thread ;) ), then that is pretty good. How does it work, because this is certainly not standard VMC behavior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom