Why does selecting previous Programs tune the channel? (1 Viewer)

larsbln

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2010
    Germany
    Hello,

I just want to know:

Why does selecting previous programs tune the channel, instead of showing a page when the program is aired again. Just like if you select a future program.

Is it hard to implement this feature?

thanks in advance

lars

larsbln

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2010
    Germany
    AW: Why does selecting previous Programs tune the channel?

Okay it's the second time I'm asking this question but still no reply at all. Not even questionmarks. Nothing.

What's the matter? Is it my english, or grammar? Problems with understanding and/or reproducing the problem?
    No idea what to say?

Sorry but I start to get pissed ..

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    You are asking in a skin forum but this is something that will happen in all skins.

I will move this to the tv section.

That said you have not explained what you mean by selecting previous channel. Is this in guide, whilst watching a channel or somewhere else? What key/remote keys are you using to select the previous channel?

larsbln

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2010
    Germany
    AW: Why does selecting previous Programs tune the channel?

Sorry I haven't mentioned.

I'm talking about the TV Guide. I've added an example just to make clear what all this is about.

So in this Screenshot I've highlighted "The Wire". The Okay button of my remote tunes the channel, but thats okay.
    If I select "Spooks" MP will show me when this show is being repeated or asks me to record it.
    If I select "Die Nanny" the channel is also being tuned. Maybe thats okay woth most of the users, but I would like
    to see when the show is aired again etc.

best wishes

lars

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    the simple answer is that is the way MP works.....

I find it kind of confusing too but I guess this is similar to most PVR type applications in that if you select the current program it tunes, if you select an upcoming episode you get options to record.

I would personally like to see an option to list upcoming episodes from my remote (probably on context menu, (i) on remote or f9) but that would be an "improvement" so feel free to suggest something Improvement Suggestions - MediaPortal Forum

larsbln

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2010
    Germany
    AW: Re: Why does selecting previous Programs tune the channel?

the simple answer is that is the way MP works.....

Yes I know, but it doesnt have to be this way. Why not adding a bit of comfort. If I've missed an episode I would like
    to know when its going to be re-aired.

I would personally like to see an option to list upcoming episodes from my remote (probably on context menu, (i) on remote or f9) but that would be an "improvement" so feel free to suggest something Improvement Suggestions - MediaPortal Forum

I allready did that .. alot of views but no answer.

Maybe I can change that for me and compile my own version. Could you give me at least a hint in what file I have to look. I got a version of the lastest trunk.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    MP Trunk -> TvEngine3 -> TVLibrary - > TvPlugin -> TvPlugin

Then check the files TVGuide.cs and TVGuideBase.cs. They form the base for the EPG.

larsbln

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2010
    Germany
    AW: Re: Why does selecting previous Programs tune the channel?

Tahnks for your help

Okay I found a bug in TVGuideBase.cs

case 1041:
    ShowProgramInfo();
    Log.Debug("TVGuide: show episodes or repeatings for current show");
    break;
    case 938:
    Log.Debug("TVGuide: switch currently running show to fullscreen");

We need a third case here because this code refers to a program we allready watch, but previous programs are handled the same way.
    Sooner or later this is gonna be fixed .. I've tried but my compiled version does nothing at all :)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    ShowProgramInfo() is supposed to show the window with well...the program info :)

If this does not happen with shows that already have aired I would consider it a erhm... "feature" that should be handled differently. As you suggest :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom