Why EPG and many menu items are not displayed in cyrillic? (1 Viewer)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, thak you! But i have another trouble, look picture, may be need install another font? On the picture with EPG on the field where the cursor mouse is, the font is displayed correctly. I can't choose the correct font in the Languages section, you understand why.
    PS: My HTPC Windows 7 SP1.
    Arial Unicode is used as font, which covers most languages. There is no need to install another font. You also see in your EPG, that the font is basically covering the needed characters, just not in all positions.
    Have you tried restaring the client, is the problem always? I've not seen such issue yet.

As this problem is not related to TVMosaic, please create separate threads in the respective sections with logs for all other issues. To keep this thread clean, we discuss here only topics related to MP2 TVMosaic Plugin.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Admin
    Yep, I certainly restarted the PC and MP.
    I just checked. Russian, Chinese and Japanese are shown without issues here. I’ve no idea about the issue you see. Your GUI os set even to English, mine too, so also the languages should be shown in English.
    I can just advice to install once the release version of MP2.4 after uninstalling the current version.

danila_112

Portal Member
    February 14, 2022
    Home Country
    Belarus Belarus
    Hello everyone! I am just starting to get meeting with the media portal v2.4, I consider it as a replacement for the Windows media center, but I immediately ran into this problem. I tried to install the portal on Windows 7 and 10. The result is the same. See screenshots.

Attachments

• 332910_Snimok4.jpg
      332910_Snimok4.jpg
      134.6 KB
    • 332909_Snimok3.jpg
      332909_Snimok3.jpg
      55.6 KB
    • 332908_Snimok2.jpg
      332908_Snimok2.jpg
      29.9 KB

danila_112

Portal Member
    February 14, 2022
    Home Country
    Belarus Belarus
    I can just advice to install once the release version of MP2.4
    I try this solution and thanks for the answer. Very strange, but the problem exists on more than one PC. I installed on my laptop (windows 10) and two htps (windows 7). I really want to understand and deal with this problem.

UPD: So, I removed MP2 TVmosaic from my laptop (windows 10 pro 64bit rus). I manually deleted the Team MediaPortal folder, which remained in the Programdata. Then downloaded installed release 2.4. The first launch of MP2 and immediately errors, menu items are not translated, the squares below. I can give remote access via Anydesk to a clean PC preinstalled with windows 7 or 10, I think it will be faster to solve the problem.

PS: I wanted to ask the moderator of this thread to move my posts that are not related to tvmosaic to another thread that I created here Why EPG and many menu items are not displayed in cyrillic?

Attachments

• 1st_start.jpg
      1st_start.jpg
      211.6 KB
    • why.jpg
      why.jpg
      166.3 KB
    Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Admin
    Can you please try to extract attached pacakge to "..\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\Nereus\Skin\Nereus\fonts\"
    Please overwrtie existing files when asked.

I investigated a bit and read, that attached fontversion might offer better support. I hope it helps.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Admin
    I just saw, that there are yet untranslated texts for russian. You could help by translating them in transfex:
    Just make account and you should see for Nereus which strings are not translated yet.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    • Admin
    Indeed it helped! But why are so many paragraphs and sections not translated? This looks ridiculous.
    It's open source and translations are done not by MP team, but Transifex. Everybody can support.
    Nereus skin is quite new, I saw just 65% of the strings were translated yet. In below link you can help translating.

I just saw, that there are yet untranslated texts for russian. You could help by translating them in transfex:
    Just make account and you should see for Nereus which strings are not translated yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom