Why isn't MC2XML (tv grabber) added to the standard MP installation? (1 Viewer)

zeebee

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 10, 2007
    I also think the MP-Team shouldnt be involved in something they are not comfortable with. By the way: mc2xml is very easy to set up with MP. I now use the combination of mc2xml, so I have 2 weeks for planning and the more updated dvb epg for the next few days. Works very good!

Topstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 28, 2008
    Arnemuiden
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm Sure in time a few thousend MP users could bring up the required money on a regular basis, since MP is evolving so quickly...

You need to remember that:

1) Most of the users won't want to donate for the application itself (much bigger than just some EPG data)
    Think a lot of users won't mind to make a small donation for add reliability / functionality
    To be honest MCE has a much easier and more relyable guide (no offense to the programmers:D).

2) Even 10000e won't allow such operation to be run for a long period
    Wow does it costs so much? Wonder what makes it so costly...
    3) Many users can get free EPG data already with DVB EPG from the DVB stream (which is updated more ofthen than MS does update their data)
    True I did it myself, but the guide is only a few days, and the content isn't very good.
    4) Many users can get free data by using webepg to grab the data from different web sites
    Did that also until the supplier stopped providing the xml data...

I also think the MP-Team shouldnt be involved in something they are not comfortable with. By the way: mc2xml is very easy to set up with MP. I now use the combination of mc2xml, so I have 2 weeks for planning and the more updated dvb epg for the next few days. Works very good!

It certainly works allright, I'm running it for half a year now, and it hasn't let me down yet.

The problem is that's M$, as soon M$ thinks a competing product is using there code, they will block it...
    A more stable sollution would be to do the same as M$...

And yes it will cost money... but not so much as M$!

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I realize this thread is OLD... the MC2XML app has been a work-horse for me over several years now. Occasionally there's a bug/change and they'll release an update on their site. Occasionally there's an outage in the guide site being updated. Personally I've donated to them and received their "premium" version w/access to other guide sites (as stated on their MC2XML site) which is worth it for me! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom