Why make SMP every time when I use MyFilms a new tmp xml file from the main xml? (1 Viewer)

Crash

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2005
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Why make SMP every time when I use MyFilms a new tmp xml file from the main xml? It's useless. Default Skin shows me the imdb rating, SMP not. How can I disable this? I don't need it and this function destroy my hard work. Sorry for saying that. Thank you.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re: Streamed MP v1.7.4 Stable [29 Nov 2011] [Supports MP 1.2]

Why make SMP every time when I use MyFilms a new tmp xml file from the main xml? It's useless. Default Skin shows me the imdb rating, SMP not. How can I disable this? I don't need it and this function destroy my hard work. Sorry for saying that. Thank you.
    You're not telling much about what config/environment you use - but I assume you're using external catalog other than AMC. In that case MyFilms creates a <catalogname>_tmp.xml file as cache for internal format handling. But MyFilms does NEVER touch or alter your original DB file - bidirectional updates are only supported with AMC (Ant Movie Catalog), as it supports nativve XML format.

Crash

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2005
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I use DVDProfiler and I know that MyFilms create a new xml file. I use MyFilms a long time now, maybe two years. After creating the tmp.xml file for the first time, I miss the imdb rating, that I write into the Notes field from DVDProfiler. I edited this tmp.xml file with a xml editor and add the rating to all my movies. When I have some new movies, I add it to DVDProfiler, create a xml only for this new movies and made from this file a tmp.xml with MyFilms. Then with the editor, I copy from the new.tmp.xml all entrys to the master.tmp.xml and it work fine in MP 1.05 SVN with Maya Skin. I see all informations inclusive the imdb rating.
    This weekend I make a update to 1.21, all other plugins and change the skin from Maya to StreamedMP.
    Anyway, I solve the problem. SMP create from the original xml file this new tmp.xml and I copy all the content from my edited tmp.xml into this new file and it work again. With Avalon, Default skin and Maya, I don't have this problem, so it must be SMP. Hope you understand my "english".

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re: Why make SMP every time when I use MyFilms a new tmp xml file from the main x

I use DVDProfiler and I know that MyFilms create a new xml file. I use MyFilms a long time now, maybe two years. After creating the tmp.xml file for the first time, I miss the imdb rating, that I write into the Notes field from DVDProfiler. I edited this tmp.xml file with a xml editor and add the rating to all my movies. When I have some new movies, I add it to DVDProfiler, create a xml only for this new movies and made from this file a tmp.xml with MyFilms. Then with the editor, I copy from the new.tmp.xml all entrys to the master.tmp.xml and it work fine in MP 1.05 SVN with Maya Skin. I see all informations inclusive the imdb rating.
    This weekend I make a update to 1.21, all other plugins and change the skin from Maya to StreamedMP.
    Anyway, I solve the problem. SMP create from the original xml file this new tmp.xml and I copy all the content from my edited tmp.xml into this new file and it work again. With Avalon, Default skin and Maya, I don't have this problem, so it must be SMP. Hope you understand my "english".
    I don't know DVDprofiler very well, but the MyFilms import filter takes the "Review/ReviewFilm" from exported DB to the "internal Rating" - so if you have the rating in those fields, you should not need to edit that tmp file ever, it should automatically display.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re: Why make SMP every time when I use MyFilms a new tmp xml file from the main x

Is there any skin issue I should be concerned with Guzzi?
    @Damien: Not that I know of, if I understood the problemright. Maybe the known "font 11 render issue", but not sure until I can test myself and it sounds to me, that it's catalog related, not skin related!?
    @Crash: Can you post both xml's, the one working and the one not working, then I can have a look into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom