Why won't anyone help me? (2 Viewers)

johnson636

Portal Member
February 3, 2006
scoop said:
Hi,
johnson636 said:
OK, now I'm home. I'm trying to manually configure the lsiting now.
This is what I got:
<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>401 Unauthorized</TITLE></HEAD><BODY><H1>401 Unauthorized</H1
></BODY></HTML>
Somehow the site you're grabbing the EPG data from needs authentication. Here's the description from the error code you get:
The request requires user authentication. The response MUST include a WWW-Authenticate header field (section 14.47) containing a challenge applicable to the requested resource. The client MAY repeat the request with a suitable Authorization header field (section 14.8). If the request already included Authorization credentials, then the 401 response indicates that authorization has been refused for those credentials.

So, it looks like your account from zap2it is not correctly configured in XMLTV or perhaps your account is expired.

Kind regards,
Michel

My account shows active. I also created a new one today for giggles and grins; same outcome :(

johnson636

Portal Member
February 3, 2006
Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.1.3.0 (2005-07-16)
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
Video Codec: Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder
CPU Type: 3.4
Memory: 1 GB
Motherboard: GIGABYTE 8I915PL-G Intel Socket 775 ATX Motherboard
TV Card Model: Hauppauge PVR500MCE (b)
TV Card Type: Hardware
TV Card Driver: -
Video Card Model: Geforce 7800GT
Video Card Driver: -
Video Card Resolution: 1280x1024
Video Render Type: Overlay
Audio Card Model: ON Board
Audio Card Driver: -
Synopsis:: -

Man......... I can't believe that my issue is so unique that absolutely no one has a clue as to why I'm unable to get this EPG setup. I mean, if I follow the directions in the sticky just as others whom say that it worked perfectly for them, then why am I having these problems. I've also followed suggestions from others who have MP working. I've even tried an older version of MP and the same problem exists.

Is there anyone living in the United States that have MP working correctly?

306 veiws of my thread and only about 4-5 replies. :shock: It seems like people read my thread and run for their lives :(

I know the more advanced members here get tired of noobies asking questions inwhich they could answer themselve by just searching the forum, but in my case, this is not so. I've searched the forum and it seems as if I'm the only one whos having this problem. I know it maybe frustrating for adv. members, but its frustrating for me also; I'd rather be enjoying the capbilities of my HTPC rather than troubleshooting it.

One more thing, during the process of the EPG setup (manually using command prompt) when it asks for my username (), I can type it, but when it gets to the part of the password, I'm unable to type anything. No numbers, no letters, no nothing :roll: I would have to press enter (while that feild is blank) in order to continue. I should have this quoted in one of my earlier posts.

onkl

Portal Pro
February 18, 2005
Wageningen
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
306 veiws of my thread and only about 4-5 replies. :shock: It seems like people read my thread and run for their lives :(
Well, I look at this topic once in a while, checking if you asked something I can help you with. Only, I don't user this Zap2it, so yes, I'm running away again. Since a lot of MP users are Europe based, while Zap2it is as far ias I understood USA only, but a few people can help you I fear.

Khris

Portal Pro
July 2, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Home Country
Canada Canada
johnson636 said:

I mean no offence, but rather to make a point......moaning that no one is helping you really isn't an incentive for anyone.

johnson636 said:
One more thing, during the process of the EPG setup (manually using command prompt) when it asks for my username (), I can type it, but when it gets to the part of the password, I'm unable to type anything. No numbers, no letters, no nothing :roll: I would have to press enter (while that feild is blank) in order to continue. I should have this quoted in one of my earlier posts.

You generally won't see the password as you type it in for security reasons. Most times you'll see a * for each character you type, but sometimes you won't see anything at all.

johnson636

Portal Member
February 3, 2006
Khris said:
johnson636 said:

I mean no offence, but rather to make a point......moaning that no one is helping you really isn't an incentive for anyone.

Sorry if I came off that way, but its just frustrating when you're really trying to solve a problem and you just can't seem to figure it out. I would search somewhere else in the aid of solving my problem, but if I can't find answers from MP forums then who else is going to help me

Khris said:
johnson636 said:

You generally won't see the password as you type it in for security reasons. Most times you'll see a * for each character you type, but sometimes you won't see anything at all.

I don't see anything; no * or anything. The cursor doesn't even move. Its like trying to type numbers while you have the number lock key turned off.

In your epg setup, are you able to type in your password? If so, what do you see as you are typing?

Could this be the root of my problem? If Zap2it requires a password in order to download my channels list during the EPG setup and I can't type in a password then this could be why I get an authentication error

onkl said:
Well, I look at this topic once in a while, checking if you asked something I can help you with. Only, I don't user this Zap2it, so yes, I'm running away again. Since a lot of MP users are Europe based, while Zap2it is as far ias I understood USA only, but a few people can help you I fear.

I understand :) Its just that I'm frustrated by not being able to get MP up and running. Thanx

wishywashy

Portal Pro
January 31, 2005
Hill AFB, UT
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
The XMLTV program won't show anything for your password. No cursor movement, no *'s, nothing. You can get around actually typing your password by putting it in the TV_GRAB_NA_DD.conf file under the user name. Open it in notepad and add the "password:" (no quotes) line. Here is a sample of mine:

username: pstir1 (your user name)
password: ****** (replace ***** with your password)
timezone: -0700 (timezone offset of GMT -7)
lineup: UT43414:D (my cable lineup)

I am from the USA and have been successfully useing XMLTV for over a year now.

johnson636

Portal Member
February 3, 2006
wishywashy said:
The XMLTV program won't show anything for your password. No cursor movement, no *'s, nothing. You can get around actually typing your password by putting it in the TV_GRAB_NA_DD.conf file under the user name. Open it in notepad and add the "password:" (no quotes) line. Here is a sample of mine:

username: pstir1 (your user name)
password: ****** (replace ***** with your password)
timezone: -0700 (timezone offset of GMT -7)
lineup: UT43414:D (my cable lineup)

I am from the USA and have been successfully useing XMLTV for over a year now.

I'll do that. But now that I have a tv_grab_na_dd.conf file, what do I do with it and what folder does it go in. When I open MP setup and go to TV\import guide it gives me an error. unable to open tvguide.xml file. Well after the xmltv command all I got was the tv_grab_na_dd.conf file.

Now what am I doing wrong?

wishywashy

Portal Pro
January 31, 2005
Hill AFB, UT
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have a problem with MP running the grabber so I made a batch file to run the grabber every 6 days.

Did you point MP to your xmltv directory?

Did you run "xmltv.exe tv_grab_na_dd --days 7 --output tvguide.xml" no quotes? This portion actually does the grabbing of the schedules.

johnson636

Portal Member
February 3, 2006
wishywashy said:
I have a problem with MP running the grabber so I made a batch file to run the grabber every 6 days.

Did you point MP to your xmltv directory?

Did you run "xmltv.exe tv_grab_na_dd --days 7 --output tvguide.xml" no quotes? This portion actually does the grabbing of the schedules.

when I open mp and run grabber it still is pulling channels from Europe. The channels that I see in the cmd setup are not that of my tv_grab_na_dd.conf file.

Am I suppose to run the cmd xmltv.exe tv_grab_na_dd --days 7 --output tvguide.xml just as I did the tv_grab_na_dd.conf

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom