WifiRemote - a tcp remote control server 0.8.3 [2014-07-20] (4 Viewers)

sixgun

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 31, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: WifiRemote - a tcp remote control server 0.4.1 [2011-08-19]

Yes, it works fine. What is your Problem, sixgun?

It says "No MediaPortal dependency found!"

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hey,

new forum post notification didn't seem to work for the last posts, sorry for the late answer.

Is there a way to request information about the highlighted movie/tv show instead of having to wait til its actually playing? (like the plot and thumb, etc)

Not with WifiRemote. If your client supports GMA Webservice (mp-extended in the future) there is a way. aMPdroid is capable of this, with CouchPotato I am still working on it.

Wo0zy said:
    Should it be possible to start playback of DVD movies ripped to folder (.ifo) and iso's using WifiRemote?

I don't mean highlightijg them in the MP UI and clicking play using the remote functions, I mean sending a command to start playback of a specific movie from a returned list? I can't get this working when selecting a movie from within aMPdroid and I'm trying to isolate the problem.

Oxan suggested I try using the demo client but I can't see how I can do that (probably my limited C# skills ).

In aMPdroid that should be possible (I think, DieBagger?). We have to improve on this but the basics should work.

DieBagger, I think I figured out how to do the auto-update installer stuff so we can publish the next version via the Extensions Installer :) Yay.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Hey,

new forum post notification didn't seem to work for the last posts, sorry for the late answer.

Is there a way to request information about the highlighted movie/tv show instead of having to wait til its actually playing? (like the plot and thumb, etc)

Not with WifiRemote. If your client supports GMA Webservice (mp-extended in the future) there is a way. aMPdroid is capable of this, with CouchPotato I am still working on it.

You should be able to do this with skin properties already...

sixgun

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 31, 2008
    Home Country

Yes, it works fine. What is your Problem, sixgun?

You need to install the correct version: WifiRemote 0.4.1 for MediaPortal 1.2.0 beta and RC1

I'm pretty sure that's what I did, I went on to the google code page and downloaded that version.

I'll give it another go.

Thanks

You need to install the correct version: WifiRemote 0.4.1 for MediaPortal 1.2.0 beta and RC1

I'm pretty sure that's what I did, I went on to the google code page and downloaded that version.

I'll give it another go.

Thanks

:oops: I downloaded the wrong version (for 1.1.3 and 1.2.0 alpha). The RC1 version did indeed fix my problem.

:D

Wo0zy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 30, 2008
    Home Country

Hi DieBagger,

Just a follow up on Shukuyen's response, I did post the logs you asked for in the main aMPdroid 0.8 thread and linked to them in the thread I started in the aMPdroid section. Don't know if they really help but they're there.

If you need logs from the Android side let me know and I'll try and work it out :).

Cheers,

Mick

KDP

Portal Member
    May 23, 2010

Hey,

You should be able to do this with skin properties already...

then perhaps I am doing someting wrong (or if the skin doesn't provide this info in the browse window it doesn't work?). I will tinker around with it some more.

Skeltjens

Portal Member
    August 30, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: WifiRemote - a tcp remote control server 0.4.1 [2011-08-19]

I Have the same problem, as JohnAnderson Olli, renfrja and ....
    Config started once and then got the same error message.
    See the error log from JohnAnderson.

Did someone already found a solution for this problem?

Skeltjens

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Skeltjens

Does this still happen with MediaPortal 1.2 (or 1.2.1)?

Skeltjens

Portal Member
    August 30, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Skeltjens

Does this still happen with MediaPortal 1.2 (or 1.2.1)?

Today I updated from 1.2.0 to 1.2.1 to see if this problem was solved. But still cannot configure the plugin anymore. Then I get the JIT error. I was able to configure the first time after installing only. I've tried to remove the plugins and reinstall it, but I get everytime the same error.
    With the WifiRemote demo I can control Mediaportal but I can not configure WifiRemote......:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom