WifiRemote - a tcp remote control server 0.8.3 [2014-07-20] (1 Viewer)

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: WifiRemote - a tcp remote control server 0.1 [2011-05-05]

Thanks Shukuyen.
    My version doesn't have an MPE1 file. It's a zip file called WifiRemote_0.1.0.1.zip. Have I grabbed the wrong file?
    Cheers
    ...Steve

Hey Steve,

I guess so.
    Just go to MEDIAPORTAL - WifiRemote and click "Download". This should get you the mpe1 package.

I uploaded a demo client app to our Google Code page. Please have a look at the first post for more information.

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Just go to MEDIAPORTAL - WifiRemote and click "Download". This should get you the mpe1 package.

Hi Shukuyen,
    That's the file I downloaded. It's a zip file with an XML and a subfolder called "Installer {Copy File}". No mpe1 file.

Cheers
    ...Steve

Try with another webbrowser... There have been reports that sometimes downloaded mpei files are saved as zips.

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006

Or just rename *.zip to *.mpe1 and double click it. Worked for me with other plugins...

VidarParry

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 25, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

Try with another webbrowser... There have been reports that sometimes downloaded mpei files are saved as zips.

Thanks guys - renaming to mpe1 fixed it.

Now just trying to find the android app aMPdroid for my Galaxy Tab....:)

Cheers
    ...Steve

Sorry everyone - I can't find a downloadable aMPdroid app anywhere - does it exist yet or is it still in development and not yet released? Can someone post a link to the downlaodable app for Android?

If aMPdroid not available yet, is there another app that will work for the time being?

Tried the windows demo and that couldn't connect to the server (MEDIACENTER on port 8017).

Cheers
    ...Steve

eagle

Portal Pro
    September 25, 2004
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

aMPDroid hasn't been released yet. DieBagger will release a first version this weekend (as he wrote). I wait for it too :) Krokos android remote works well. Maybe you can try it.

eagle

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Tried the windows demo and that couldn't connect to the server (MEDIACENTER on port 8017).

Cheers
    ...Steve

Do you have Bonjour installed (see plugin config) and is the WifiRemote plugin running on your MediaPortal? Set MediaPortal logging to "debug" and check the MediaPortal.log file after you started MediaPortal ... You should see something like that:

Code:
    [WIFI_REMOTE]  Started!
    [WIFI_REMOTE]  Now accepting connections.
    [WIFI_REMOTE]  Bonjour version 214.3.13 found.
    [WIFI_REMOTE]  Published Service via Bonjour!

Martyn36

Portal Member
    April 20, 2009
    London (ish)
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Top marks. This is great. and long awaited.

My only gripe is that you are using a JSON, JOBject string in the protocol, which i'm sure is because of compatibility with Couchpotatoe.

As I am using this to communicate with my Philips Pronto (using Prontoscript) which does not support JObjects, I am having to write a rather complex parser.

I think an XML option would be cool to make parsing much much easier - unless I am missing something pretty fundamental.

Nice one....:)

[UPDATE]... OMG... soooo easy. I found a Javascript parser for JSON strings from douglascrockford on Github.... included it in my Pronto code and you wouldn't believe it, but it worked first time..... I take it all back. This is just as easy as an XML parser. Well done !!

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Top marks. This is great. and long awaited.

My only gripe is that you are using a JSON, JOBject string in the protocol, which i'm sure is because of compatibility with Couchpotatoe.

As I am using this to communicate with my Philips Pronto (using Prontoscript) which does not support JObjects, I am having to write a rather complex parser.

I think an XML option would be cool to make parsing much much easier - unless I am missing something pretty fundamental.

Nice one....:)

[UPDATE]... OMG... soooo easy. I found a Javascript parser for JSON strings from douglascrockford on Github.... included it in my Pronto code and you wouldn't believe it, but it worked first time..... I take it all back. This is just as easy as an XML parser. Well done !!

It might still be worth thinking about also adding xml-based communication in the future...

Glad it worked out for you Martyn36. ;)

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

With XML you get some overhead and in most languages it's a little more cumbersome to parse. That's why I went with JSON in the first place.
    If there is any good reason for XML in the future we can of course think about adding that ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom