WifiRemote - a tcp remote control server 0.8.3 [2014-07-20] (1 Viewer)

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you very much. I'm trying to provide a touch interface for sick kids to easily start up their movies. The WiFi remote interface along with PlayFile seems to fit the bill.
    Wow, sounds like a really cool project!
    I tested "PlayFile" locally and it is working here. This is the relevant commit: https://github.com//WifiRemote/commit/579b7fd653bc3c1c6330ff4e9417b461a158bff0

Only gotcha was that one parameter is named FileType and the other is named Filepath, note the lower case p in Filepath. Also I have the problem that videos that were started with PlayFile remained in fullscreen mode, even when stopped. I guess that's due to the hack here: https://github.com//WifiRemote/blob/develop/Sources/WifiRemote/Core/Communication.cs#L504

Tested with MediaPortal 1.9, let me know if that works for you or if it is broken on later MePo versions (need to find time to upgrade to the latest version ...).

Tracy Oakley

Portal Member
    January 23, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thank you. I pulled down the latest demo client. Unfortunately, it still doesn't work. Was I supposed to also pull down an update to the plugin? I'm running version 1.11.

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you. I pulled down the latest demo client. Unfortunately, it still doesn't work. Was I supposed to also pull down an update to the plugin? I'm running version 1.11.
    No, I just tried to show how it is working for me. Will test again with MediaPortal 1.11, it sounds indeed like there were some braking changes to how the player is done.

Tracy Oakley

Portal Member
    January 23, 2015
    Home Country
    Sounds good. I've tried this on multiple computers with the same results. I can tell that the command is accepted because the TV screen blinks. However, it jumps back to TV mode after the blink.

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Tested with MP 1.11, works fine here. Can you please post the command (json) you are sending to WifiRemote? Also are there any log messages in the Mediaportal.log file connected to playing the file or an error with that?

Tracy Oakley

Portal Member
    January 23, 2015
    Home Country
    That's interesting. I'm starting to wonder if this could be a skin problem. I'll do some testing with the default skin to see if the results change. I'll also post any log results I see. Right now, I'm using your demo project so the json should be fine.

Tracy Oakley

Portal Member
    January 23, 2015
    Home Country
    No luck with the default skin. I did get this in the error log though:

[2015-06-24 20:21:39,829] [Error ] [22 ] [ERROR] - LoadSkin: Running on wrong thread - StackTrace: ' at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)
    at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.LoadSkin()
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Video.GUIVideoFullscreen.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.ActivateWindow(Int32 newWindowId, Boolean replaceWindow, Boolean skipHistory, String loadParameter, Boolean skipAnimation, Int32 focusControlId)
    at WifiRemote.Communication.PlayVideoFile(String video, Int32 position, String fileHandler)
    at WifiRemote.SocketServer.newSocket_DidRead(AsyncSocket sender, Byte[] data, Int64 tag)
    at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
    at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
    at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
    at Deusty.Net.AsyncSocket.ProcessEvent(Object ignore)
    at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
    at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
    at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
    at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()'
    [2015-06-24 20:21:39,844] [Error ] [22 ] [ERROR] - LoadSkin: Running on wrong thread - StackTrace: ' at System.Environment.GetStackTrace(Exception e, Boolean needFileInfo)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom