WifiRemote - a tcp remote control server 0.8.3 [2014-07-20] (2 Viewers)

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Known issue.
    https://github.com//WifiRemote/issues/2

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you have (installed 1.6, like johan asked) please post the Configuration.log file after opening the configuration -> plugins section. Thanks!

MacGyverek

Portal Pro
    January 27, 2010
    Rydułtowy
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    I attached a log files.

Wifi Remote plugin is in folder ....plugin\process\WifiRemote.dll
    Mediaportal Configuration->Plugins->Process Plugins - no WiFi Remote Icon.

Attachments

• Configuration.zip
      19.6 KB

Kevin Penny

Portal Member
    January 31, 2014
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I'm trying to design a plan of attack in creating an RTI (think Crestron etc) driver for MediaPortal - the wifiRemote is the perfect api to play with. My initial barrier to entry is hinging on the ability to access the api. So IF I have a REST client, and I sent a GET request to the machine with MediaPortal on it at 10.0.0.14 using port 8017 (default) with say the 'Identify' command - would it not be a GET request to http://10.0.0.14:8017/identify ?

It seems I'm not able to find the documentation that references a sample full url and HTTP request example with information on method used etc. Is the payload in the body of the request only?

Sincerely

kevin

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Kevin, its no REST api, its a tcp/ip api. Check the MP wiki for documentation.

MacGyverek, sorry but I have no clue.

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I attached a log files.

Wifi Remote plugin is in folder ....plugin\process\WifiRemote.dll
    Mediaportal Configuration->Plugins->Process Plugins - no WiFi Remote Icon.

The dll file seems to be corrupt:
    [2014-01-30 22:21:11,446] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - PluginManager: Plugin: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\process\WifiRemote.dll' / Version: 0.8.0.0
    [2014-01-30 22:21:11,466] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - Exception while loading IPlugin instances: WifiRemote.WifiRemote
    [2014-01-30 22:21:11,466] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'WifiRemote.WifiRemote' to type 'MediaPortal.GUI.Library.IPlugin'.
    [2014-01-30 22:21:11,466] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - Unable to cast object of type 'WifiRemote.WifiRemote' to type 'MediaPortal.GUI.Library.IPlugin'.

Can you please delete the WifiRemote.dll and reinstall it via MP Extensions Installer?[DOUBLEPOST=1391252438][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I'm trying to design a plan of attack in creating an RTI (think Crestron etc) driver for MediaPortal - the wifiRemote is the perfect api to play with. My initial barrier to entry is hinging on the ability to access the api. So IF I have a REST client, and I sent a GET request to the machine with MediaPortal on it at 10.0.0.14 using port 8017 (default) with say the 'Identify' command - would it not be a GET request to http://10.0.0.14:8017/identify ?

Kevin,

Johan is right, WifiRemote is not a HTTP REST service. You need to open a socket connection through TCP to the WifiRemote port, then send the json packages delimited with \r\n. I did it this way because I wanted to have a realtime two-way communication. A classic REST service is great for information that you want to poll from the service, for example getting information about a TV show in MP-Extended.

The principle of WifiRemote is that you open a connection that both the client and the server use to send data back and forth. For example your client will be notified when the user starts playing some media file or when the facade (MediaPortal list views) changes. Without a persistent connection that wouldn't be possible.

So depending which programming language you are using you need to find a way to connect to the socket, then just read and write the commands and messages as documented in the Wiki.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom