Wikipedia Plugin (1 Viewer)

johnes

Portal Member
July 15, 2006
Home Country
Finland Finland
Hello all,
this might sound stupid but...
where is this plugin availible for download?
Checked this post, mp website and searched the
net by google but not able to find it?

Maybe im just slow, but i dunno.

Thanks fot the good work anyway.

pocketpal

Portal Member
January 9, 2005
Indiana, USA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I believe the only way to get this plugin right now is to download and apply the latest SVN update. Then it will magically appear in your plugins within config, but I think you will have to enable it before it will show up in the plugins menu of MP.

Maschine

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    pocketpal said:
    I believe the only way to get this plugin right now is to download and apply the latest SVN update. Then it will magically appear in your plugins within config, but I think you will have to enable it before it will show up in the plugins menu of MP.

Couldn't have said it better ;-)

Maschine

Boilermaker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2004
    Maschine,
    Would it be possible to change the plugin's id tags for the wikipedia text logo, Reading buddy, Article title/searchterm and Image description from 2,3,4 and 5 respectively to 1? When skinning the xml file, using a common template file (ex. common.window.xml from blue two), breaks the plugin because the id tags are all 1 in the template while the plugin requires those other values to work properly.

I know that a template files don't need to be used, but i'm sure you understand the reasons a skinner would use them: a common look in all screens, making changes is easier, etc.
    Thanks

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi maschine

I have yet found some issues.
    The plugin have problems when there exist a footnote. Example: "Haus" The exportversion contains:
    Code:
    <ref name="hausdef">[[url]http://germazope.uni-trier.de/Projects/WBB/woerterbuecher/dwb/selectarticle?lemid=GH03949[/url] Grimmsches Wörterbuch]</ref>

For the second problem i can't find the reason. After trying to get the article "reis" the plugin is frozen, but i can navigate through the MP-menus. here is my log file: http://pastebin.team-mediaportal.com/10419

Best regards
    chefkoch

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi maschine

i tried latest svn and redirects are working fine. Good job:D .

But i have yet another uggly text-part, I tried the following:
    - german: "Schumi" redirects to "Michael Schumacher"
    - changed language to english
    Code:
    ([[IPA|pronounced]] /<span class="unicode audiolink">[[:Media:De-Michael-Schumacher.ogg|{{IPA|mɪçaeːl ʃumaxɐ}}]]</span> <span class="metadata audiolinkinfo"><small>([[Wikipedia:Media help|help]]·[[:Image:De-Michael-Schumacher.ogg|info]])</small></span>/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Export/Michael_Schumacher

Thank you for this nice plugin ;)

regards
    chefkoch

Maschine

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks, chef, for the feedback and nice report. I hope I'll have some more time from monday on so I'll look at it then. Maschine

Maschine

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Chefkoch, please try with today's build. I just removed it for now. Thinking about how to display such special stuff like the "Lautschrift" is a task for later ;) Maschine

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Maschine

:sorry: for my late reply.

I used the plugin a few times now and wrote down what i think could be changed or could be made better. Please don't understand this post, that i want that YOU implement these things. It is a list which contains many ideas for discussion and maybe for long-time-development.;)
    The current plugin is working very stable and does what it should . :D (except #1) ;)

1. If you select German as language and search for 'reis' MP is frozen. I don't know why. For log see here: http://pastebin.team-mediaportal.com/11177
    2. If you exit the plugin while viewing a picture, the picture is showing after enter in the plugin again. If you quit while text-reading the text is not shown after lunching the plugin again.
    3. If you search for 'Schumi', it redirects to 'Michael Schumacher'. The text label on the top of the buttons, but shows still 'schumi'. Should be this so or is it better to show the redirected title?
    4. Ignore complete content within brackets,
      • if found a picture.
        Code:
        Page: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spezial:Export/Michael_Schumacher
        object: [[bild:Michael_Schumacher_2002.jpg|thumb|Michael Schumacher (2002)]]
        now displayed as: thumb|Michael Schumacher (2002)
      • if found a pronaunciation.
        Code:
        Page: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spezial:Export/Michael_Schumacher
        object: ([[IPA|pronounced]] /<span class="unicode audiolink">[[:Media:De-Michael-Schumacher.ogg|{{IPA|m?çae?l ?umax?}}]]</span> <span class="metadata audiolinkinfo"><small>([[Wikipedia:Media help|help]]·[[:Image:De-Michael-Schumacher.ogg|info]])</small></span>/
        now displayed as: (pronounced / /
        Note: cause it is handled like a general link it can/should not be changed now.
    5. Navigation issues: After lunching the plugin, there are the 4 elements on the left.
      1. While pressing DOWN a few times, focus is changing through elements in the right order.
      2. While pressing UP a few times, focus is changing to [language] after [search]. Should it not jump down to [pictures]?
      3. After pressing LEFT or right, focus is not visible.
    6. When changing the language, it text is from last page (here: #4 >>> BUG <<<), but counter shows 1/47.
      STEPS: language: German > search "Michael Schumacher" > go to page #4 > change language to english >>> BUG <<<
      After clicking DOWN-item it shows page#2 now all is okay.
      You also gan go to page#4, now you see the content which was shown just after changing the language.

Ideas about pictures in Wikipedia
    1. Showing the sandbox while loading them.
    2. any discriptions, for example
      Code:
      [[Bild:Babisnauer_Pappel_Blick_auf_Dresden.jpg|thumb|Dresdner Innenstadt vom Süd-Südosten bei [[Goppeln]] – v.l.n.r. [[Räcknitz]], [[Zschertnitz]] und Teile der [[Dresden-Südvorstadt|Südvorstadt]]]]
      it could be
      • the filename itself ('Babisnauer_Pappel_Blick_auf_Dresden.jpg' or 'Babisnauer Pappel Blick auf Dresden')
      • or the description in this article ('Dresdner Innenstadt vom Süd-Südosten bei Goppeln – v.l.n.r. Räcknitz, Zschertnitz und Teile der Südvorstadt')
        could cause probs if no description is entered, the it could jump back to filename
        Code:
        http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spezial:Export/Artesischer_Brunnen_%28Dresden%29
        [[Bild:Artesischer_Brunnen2.JPG|thumb]]
      • or the description from picture page 'Spezial:Export/Bild:Babisnauer_Pappel_Blick_auf_Dresden.jpg' ('Das Bild wurde südlich des Plattenbaugebietes Prohlis im Südosten von Dresden aufgenommen. Die Babisnauer Pappel steht auf einem Vorausläufer der entfernteren Mittelgebirge. Zwischen ihr und der Stadt liegt das Lockwitztal, Dresden-Lockwitz. www.dresdner-stadtteile.de')
        think it is not needed, because: 1. good articles contains description for linked pics 2.the picture page could also contains no (good) description 3. it is need load the an extra special page
    3. PreCaching: Download the next (and previous only when not already have shown it) picture after loading the current once. Perhaps it should be optionally.
    4. Switching pictures in GUImode:
      • Buttons [<] [>] or [previous] [next] below the picture to select the next or previous picture.
      • The previous and the next picture could also be shown on the left and right side of the current picture. They are smaller, size is only a quarter of the current picture once.
        Note: This should be no problem if the
    5. Viewing pictures in Fullscreen-mode: After pressing 'x', the picture is shown in Fullscreen. Now they could switch by pressing LEFT and/or RIGHT.
      Note: If music or video is playing, these should not go to fullscreen while viewing pictures in wikipedia.

What do you think about? :confused:

Best Regards
    chefkoch

BTW: I love the new Forum with vBulletin. More options to take a structure in a post. :D

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Sorry, if this has been brought u already (too lzy to read through the whole thread.
    Plugn shows a lot of tags. Can they be ignored?

Trying to add a screenshot of "Dido Armstrong" language "German"

tomtom

my.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom