Win 10 crash, hang and freeze with USB Tuner. (2 Viewers)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    To be clear, "card" in that context refers to the tuner, not a CAM.
    Opps, no in that context I was referring to a CAM, the I'm just using the tuner part of the TBS 5881 (no CAM installed and the only tuner on this PC) .
    I took your advice as referring to the tuner.(y)

Likewise, good to talk to you. I hope you're well?

Fine thanks, hopefully the same for you.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just wanted to update everyone:- Since I disabled the USB selective suspend setting the problem has become much more intermittent, it can run problem free for several days then freeze up several times in a couple of hours, though interestingly the BSODs and endlessly rotating dots on boot have not yet reappeared. To avoid the problem I am currently leaving the tuner disconnected from the usb and only plugging it in when required, which perhaps is more along the lines of its intended use but if anyone has any other ideas please let me know. I am now running only MP2 on this PC.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Try a different USB tuner?
    I think I can live with it for the time being and in the medium term replace it with a PCIe tuner in the summer when I plan to upgrade this PC. The 5881 is only a stopgap replacement for an old PCI tuner (no DVBT2 support) after it, the 5881 that is, could no longer be used on my laptop (portable antenna was just not good enough after the switch over to DVBT2). Progress:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom