Win 10 crash, hang and freeze with USB Tuner. | Page 2

Discussion in 'General Support' started by joecrow, March 15, 2019.

1. joecrow
    • Team MediaPortal

joecrow Test Group

Ratings:
    +1,195 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Opps, no in that context I was referring to a CAM, the I'm just using the tuner part of the TBS 5881 (no CAM installed and the only tuner on this PC) .
    I took your advice as referring to the tuner.(y)

Fine thanks, hopefully the same for you.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. joecrow
    • Team MediaPortal

joecrow Test Group

Ratings:
    +1,195 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Just wanted to update everyone:- Since I disabled the USB selective suspend setting the problem has become much more intermittent, it can run problem free for several days then freeze up several times in a couple of hours, though interestingly the BSODs and endlessly rotating dots on boot have not yet reappeared. To avoid the problem I am currently leaving the tuner disconnected from the usb and only plugging it in when required, which perhaps is more along the lines of its intended use but if anyone has any other ideas please let me know. I am now running only MP2 on this PC.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Owlsroost
    • Team MediaPortal

Owlsroost Development Group

Ratings:
    +4,131 / 1
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    Try a different USB tuner?

(There are very cheap generic DVB-T tuner sticks around on Ebay, and if you need a cheap but good DVB-T2 stick see this post from me - Help! MP2 - DVB-T Not recognised (DRIVERS?) )

• Like Like x 1
  5. joecrow
    • Team MediaPortal

joecrow Test Group

Ratings:
    +1,195 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    I think I can live with it for the time being and in the medium term replace it with a PCIe tuner in the summer when I plan to upgrade this PC. The 5881 is only a stopgap replacement for an old PCI tuner (no DVBT2 support) after it, the 5881 that is, could no longer be used on my laptop (portable antenna was just not good enough after the switch over to DVBT2). Progress:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!