MP2 - V2.3 WIN10 wont release USB TV dongle (1 Viewer)

BJM

December 8, 2019
Home Country
England England
Windows 10 v. 2004. Uninstalled MP 2.2.3 and now cant access my MyGica T230 DVB-T2 USB stick. Getting "device not available or in use" even though recognised in Device Manager as working. All drivers latest with new downloads. How do I release it? thanks.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Windows 10 v. 2004. Uninstalled MP 2.2.3 and now cant access my MyGica T230 DVB-T2 USB stick. Getting "device not available or in use" even though recognised in Device Manager as working. All drivers latest with new downloads. How do I release it? thanks.
    Please take a look here how to issue problem reports. Without logfiles we can not say much unfortunately.
    Additionally your explanation is not fully clear. Did you uninstall MP2.2.3 und then installed MP2.3 and then can not access the tv stick in the Tv-configuration or MP2.3 client?

BJM

December 8, 2019
    Home Country
    England England
    System: Windows 10 64 bit v.2004, Intel H61, 8Gb RAM, 500Gb HDD, Integrated graphics.

TV source: USB MyGica DVB T2 model: T230C, driver from web 26/10/20

new Capture Software: ArcSoft Total Media v.3.5.9.230 (x86) from web 26/10/20.

Wow, thanks for super quick reply. And thank & you thank again you for helping stick it to Microsoft for discontinuing WMC.

Yes, apologies for lack of detail. Trying again. Your time much appreciated.

Uninstalled MP 2.2.3 to try software that came with my MyGica USB TV stick as both wont run together. Log files disappear so cant send. Tried the forums and other sources but cant find ‘release of USB port’.

The ArcSoft app recognises the TV stick but wont connect to it because “device not available or is in use.” The stick is showing as available & working in Device Manager and re-installed MP2.3.3 connects fine.

On uninstalling MP2, using windows uninstall, did not get the multiple choice uninstall options mentioned on site. Lots of entries left in the Registry and on re-installing MP2, all my listings, settings & preferences still retained from last install. So wondering if this is why new access to TV stick being blocked?

Can you advise how to make device available after uninstalling MP2? Happy to use Regedit if necessary. I would like to keep access to both MP2 & Total Media through the same TV stick if thats possible? Many thanks. Barry.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The TV-Server is included in the MP2 server service, so when this service is not running MP2 can not block the tuner.
    Try to kill the MP2-server service in task manager and it must work.
    1603890174062.png

Why it works with MP2.2.3 and not with MP2.3, this is really strange. The TV part received only minor updates, so it's basically same and there should be no difference. @morpheus_xx can the x64 part influence anything? As it's only for the client, I'm sure not.

BJM

December 8, 2019
    Home Country
    England England
    OK nothing showing as running in Task Manager. so this is what I did - started from scratch. deleted all related software apps old & new, all drivers. full delete of device from device Manager. deleted Team Media Portal & ArcSoft keys in Regedit. Clean cold re-boot. = working! so I'm guessing this is more windows than software? and after trying Total Media, staying with MP2, cant be beaten. Recording could be more reliable, but scheduling by right click in EPG much better than inputting times.
    really appreciate your time. delete this thread if you dont think helpful to others. danke fur alles. Barry

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK nothing showing as running in Task Manager. so this is what I did - started from scratch. deleted all related software apps old & new, all drivers. full delete of device from device Manager. deleted Team Media Portal & ArcSoft keys in Regedit. Clean cold re-boot. = working! so I'm guessing this is more windows than software? and after trying Total Media, staying with MP2, cant be beaten. Recording could be more reliable, but scheduling by right click in EPG much better than inputting times.
    really appreciate your time. delete this thread if you dont think helpful to others. danke fur alles. Barry
    Thanks, I'm glad, though it was a bit effort, the problem is solved finally.
    Of course we keep the thread, it can always help others. Most times there is at least a second person having the same or similar issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom