[Remote] Win7 & MP 1.1 Beta & MCE Remote do not work (1 Viewer)

Olympus

January 29, 2010
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Although I have search and implemented several "potential" solutions my original MCE Remote does not function anymore with MP 1.1 (only up/down Left/Right)
MediaPortal Version: 1.1 Beta
MediaPortal Skin: Blue wide
Windows Version: Win7 Home Ultimate
Remote: MCE model 1039

I suppose more people expect win7 & MP 1.1 to work flawless as it did in Vista and XP.
Until 1.1 is released I'll reinstall Vista and wait patiently for a solution

itoig

Portal Member
August 8, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
just to double check, because i know i have missed it in the past, but did you select to use an MCE remote in the MP configuration. not saying you didn't, just double checking.

i have an mce remote and it works just fine with windows 7 home premium x64

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    I also have no problem with Windows 7, I have been using MCE remote on Win7 for 3months...

magao

Portal Member
    December 22, 2008
    Home Country
    One of the SVNs (not sure which) appears to have broken it - I was using an MCE remote fine with MP on Win7 (on two different HTPCs) and after an upgrade the remotes just stopped working despite being selected in MP conf, etc.

I'd previously been using EventGhost for controlling MP via MCE remote and just dropped back to using that.

Olympus

January 29, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    just to double check, because i know i have missed it in the past, but did you select to use an MCE remote in the MP configuration. not saying you didn't, just double checking.

i have an mce remote and it works just fine with windows 7 home premium x64
    Yes I checked the MC remote in the MP configuration.
    Perhaps I should specify that I have the XP complient version of the MCE Remote

One of the SVNs (not sure which) appears to have broken it - I was using an MCE remote fine with MP on Win7 (on two different HTPCs) and after an upgrade the remotes just stopped working despite being selected in MP conf, etc.

I'd previously been using EventGhost for controlling MP via MCE remote and just dropped back to using that.
    There are multiple way's to get the remote working via third party softwareand I have tried some of them - however I think that one of the charms of MP is one can use an MCE remote out of the box - now we get the majur upgrade from Vista MP 1.02 to Win7 MP 1.1 I just want to warn that this isn't working anymore out of the box.

Now I getting doubtfull - I just installed MP 1.1 on my "work" computer and I can use MCE Remote flawlessly - must be something in my specific setup.:oops:
    I withdraw this "bug" untill further notice

14bmail

March 11, 2008
    Home Country
    I just installed 1.1.0 on Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit and found that my MCE remote only has about half the buttons work (namely 'back', 'stop' are not working in any sections). Updating it to latest SVN has the remote atg the same impaired way, I'll keep trying a few things in the coming week(s) but just wanted to air that more than 1 person has experienced the 'impaired' MCE remote (up, down, left, right, 'ok' work at least)

Fredvr

Portal Member
    February 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just did a complete win7 Enterprise x32 fresh install and have the same thing more or less. It's an IRtrans MCE compatibale remote which comes within the Origean x15e case.
    It worked perfectly with Vista icw Mediaportal v1.0
    In the win7 configuration the IR testtool receives all codes correclty from the remote. The remote works also perfectly within windows media center on the same system. In Mediaportal v1.1 it looks completely dead.
    in the mediaportaL config I tried the IRtrans receiver both checked and unchecked but not a single response from my remote in MP

[sorry, this is about the 1.1 Beta release so I will create a new subject in RC1 for this problem]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom