Window 8 Pro/64 Bit shutdown to suspend/sleep fails when MediaPortal.exe is running (1 Viewer)

rue

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MediaPortal Version: 1.2.3

Description
    Hello and good morning!

I am working since a couple of day to find out something about a shutdown issue in Mediaportal:

Here is the sysconfig:
    Mainboard: Intel DH77DF
    CPU: Core i3, DualCore@3.9 GHz
    Grafics: internal HD4000
    SystemDisk: Seagate Momentus XT
    Recording Disk: Hitachi
    Memory: 8 GB
    Tuners: Pinnacle 460e (DVB-S2)
    MediaPortal: 1.2.3 (Release)
    Shutdown: powerscheduler + powerscheduler++ both tested

Condition: System is working fine, recording, playbayck, access to NAS everything is working fine

Issue description:
    System is going to sleep and waking up the way as expected. Tested for Ps and ps++ in S3 and S4 mode.
    If MediaPortal.exe is running shutdown is taking a very long time and windows will finally doing a internal crash. Computer is going down to off. After restart system is booting from scratch in Windows Logfile the message "unclean shutdown" appears.
    After that the computer (of course) won't start automatically for recordings.

Migration to 1.3 alpha won't work - it is not running on windows 8 prof 64 (failure message, additional problems).

For more information please see logfiles attached. Error condition at end of the file (tryied a last check ;)) ).

Will be thankfull for any kind of idea.

Best regards

RUE

Steps to Reproduce:
    STart PC -> Start Mediaportal -> wait till suspend

Last edited by a moderator:

rue

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here are the files - did not work in one step ;(

Best regards

RUE

Attachments

• 20130207_Mediaportal.zip
      234.9 KB

rue

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello again!

From my current Point of view it seems it is an indirect Problem of MP.

After heavy Consulting all files it seems MYSQLD is destructed before TS-Service has finished terminating MP.
    For the Moment it Looks like MP or TV-Service is terminating the powerdown thread because MYSQLD is not longer reachable and tries to recontact MYSQLD. I have MYSQL 5.1 in use. After a while it seems Windows is going down as "Problem prevention".

Possibly this can give an idea about a Workaround or a solution.

Any idea is welcome.

Best regards

RUE

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The tv.log file was not included in the logs so I cannot tell you anything about the databse problem. But there is a script for repairing MySQL databases (saerch for it in the forum). And I would seriously recommend you to deactivate all that tons of plugins you installed until you get your system working cleanly...

Michael

rue

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi and sorry for that.

What is happening: Mysqld is getting terminated before tv-serice is getting down.
    I dont think that we have table trouble here.

I try to make a double check today and come back (have to integrate a different shutdown script instead of using ps++.

Of course I tested any condition even without any plugin installed.

I think its a matter of time. Service dependecies are ok.

Thanks

RUE

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MP 1.3.0 RC runs fine on Win 8 64 (have it running on 3 Systems here). Beta also was fine. It will show a warning message when config is started (and during install). If you have issues upgrading, it might be your MySQL DB as well (MP will update the DB on install).

rue

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi again!

Real strange - I am currently not longer sure of anything ;)

I tried to upgrade to 1.3.0 (2013-02-05 or so). Upgrade went fine.
    Mysqlcheck did not report any problem.
    MP starts, TVServer starts - but no connection between MP and TVServer was possible.

MS-Defender, Norton Antivirus, Firewall - all switched off.

Yesterday I tried to use "hibernate trigger" - but had trouble with security settings of win 8 - can't reset TVServer service.

What I did not understand in addition:
    - screen ist getting blank
    - anything happens on disk (first high load than "blibbs" any 1/2 seconds)
    - when going down to suspend and holding ALT-CTRL-DEL screen appears again and normal screen (start task man .... and so on ) appears.

Question: Is there a new DB-Engine in 1.3? Currently I use 5.1?

Best regards

RUE

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @rue: please provide some logs - the 1.3 install should work without problems. Did you intall your MySQL along with MP or did you install it yourself? Is MySQL running? Do you have a NW card turned on (unconnected systems require a loopback network set up as MP connects over NW even if local)?

Please consider filling out the system specs and turn them on in the user preferences.

rue

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi again!

I provide log as soon as possible - currently I am at work.

I greated yesterday logfiles with debugger but forgot to send them.

The Mysql DB was installed with MP123.

A necessary devices are up and running: 2x Pinnacle 460e (USB DVB-S2), 1x GB Network (internal DH77DF), HD4000 (HDMI/core i3), 8 GB RAM (should be enough), MySQL 5.1 x64, LAV + FFDSHOW (I test with both).

Possibly I should destroy the complete installation and do it again.

Before I had Win XP on the same hardware - everything was working fine but not recording. After several tests and discussions I found out that some BIOS-Bugs will generate some problems with mit original grabber config (1x 460e + 1x Technisat HD2 PCIe).

As told by Intel I was changing the OS because they assumed - meanwhile I think well knowing that this won't help - the device drivers of XP are not longer supported in the way it should be.

So I changed to Win 8 Pro x64 for better results ;)
    From the beginning I had trouble with MP shutdown - but even if MP.exe is runnning, somthing I didn't understand.

In the log files of MP .... I see nothing special ... all messages I see let me think everything is going fine - but shutdown doesn't work.

Thanks and best regards

RUE

rue

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi!

Here are the logs for new installed MP 1.3.0.

Same procedure as described.

I had uninstalles everything before new Installation was done.
    Got an error message after Installation of mysql (unable to set Password)

MP1.3 is running and up now - Connection to tvserver can be done - don't what it was before.

Thanks for your help

RUE

Attachments

• MP.zip
      138.4 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom