Window 8 Pro/64 Bit shutdown to suspend/sleep fails when MediaPortal.exe is running (1 Viewer)

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The only part which shows problems is that it seems to have issues getting the mixer object, show you might check to update your sound drivers.

Also you did not use the debug tool to gather the logs, which will include some PC info like the event log. Maybe that shows some information?

rue

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Good morning!

Yes - that's what I have seen, too.

The drivers are completely updated to the newest ones.

I try to do a snapshot with the debug tool this evening. What is astonishing is that the problem only appear when the system is told to go down - seems like the drivers prevent shutdown. I tried to have TVService config parallel to see if there is a "blocking" message. Of course nothing is seen - only if I use No.23 recorder I see the sound device drivers will block shutdown. Something new for me.

The mixer scheme is currently at default (Win 7) - I try to change that to see what happens.

Thanks for your help

RUE

Trace from the last try that night - Restart, MP started, waiting:

2013-02-14 00:07:12.024587 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: PS: Exception in IsMuted (get): System.InvalidOperationException: Mixer.GetControl.2
    bei MediaPortal.Mixer.Mixer.GetControl(MixerComponentType componentType, MixerControlType controlType)
    bei MediaPortal.Mixer.Mixer.Open(Int32 mixerIndex, Boolean isDigital)
    bei MediaPortal.Player.VolumeHandler..ctor(Int32[] volumeTable)
    bei MediaPortal.Player.VolumeHandler.CreateInstance()
    bei MediaPortal.Player.VolumeHandler.get_Instance()
    bei MediaPortal.Plugins.Process.MasterVolume.get_IsMuted()
    2013-02-14 00:07:12.041596 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: PS: Exception in IsMuted (get): System.InvalidOperationException: Mixer.GetControl.2
    bei MediaPortal.Mixer.Mixer.GetControl(MixerComponentType componentType, MixerControlType controlType)
    bei MediaPortal.Plugins.Process.MasterVolume.get_IsMuted()
    2013-02-14 00:07:12.872488 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: Exception :confused:ystem.InvalidOperationException: Mixer.GetControl.2
    bei MediaPortalApp.OnStartup()
    bei MediaPortal.D3DApp.D3DApp_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
    bei MediaPortalApp.WndProc(Message& msg)
    2013-02-14 00:07:12.873489 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: Exception :Mixer.GetControl.2
    2013-02-14 00:07:12.874490 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: site :MixerControlDetails GetControl(MediaPortal.Mixer.MixerComponentType, MediaPortal.Mixer.MixerControlType)
    2013-02-14 00:07:12.874490 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: source :Core
    2013-02-14 00:07:12.875489 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: stacktrace: bei MediaPortal.Mixer.Mixer.GetControl(MixerComponentType componentType, MixerControlType controlType)
    bei MediaPortalApp.OnStartup()
    bei MediaPortal.D3DApp.D3DApp_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
    bei MediaPortalApp.WndProc(Message& msg)

rue

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi again!

Here are the logfile generated with Debugger.

Earlier log files is done from out of Win XP compatibility mode (one try ;)

The later one is "native" Win 8. The result is ever the same - System is hanging and going down to shutdown.
    Strange is, that now no error.log is written anymore. It's getting lost after I tried t make a recrding directly with MP-Debugmode.

Thanks again

RUE

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I do not know windows 8 but in your system eventlog there are some strange entries ("Der Computer konnte eine sichere Sitzung mit einem Domänencontroller in der Domäne RUEDINET aufgrund der folgenden Ursache nicht einrichten:..." - Do you run an active directory domain?, and "Die Beschreibung für Ereignis-ID xxx in Quelle xxxxx wurde nicht gefunden. ...").And there is no single hint in the event logs that and why your system is shutting down - this is like someone pulled the plug:confused: . There is not even a event log that your system went to standby mode when PS++ initiates standby. You should definitively check your hardware and your Windows installation and make sure windows is going to standby correctly without MediaPortal and MP TV service beeing active (deactivate the tvservice and stop all other "power tools" if any). Only if automatic and manual standby is working on the clean system then you should start to reactivate MP / TV server step by step.

Michael

rue

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Michael,

yes you are right - even this is the problem and it's unbelieveable to me.

I am running on a Samba 3.6.6 as domain controller - so there is no AD present.
    This message is ok and can be ignored.

To shorten that: Windows is going down to sleep in any case - so I assume there is no general problem with that.
    Windows is even going down to sleep if only TVService is running and initiating this.

Only if MP.exe is running the problem appears. It looks like MP.exe reserves a resource that is unavailable, blocking or whatever. Normally I would assume if there is any device blocking go down the system will create a message. Here it seems like a watchdog scenario. MP.exe seems to initiate the shutdown as adviced by TVService. TVservice is executing the external script - this is verified. What I tried is to kill the MP.exe - therefore I get with one additional subservice. But I got no difference in shutdown appearance. Now any ressource seems to be locked: when going to hibernate - screen is getting black; when going to suspend you can get access to Taskswitcher a long time.
    After a real long time (1-2 minutes) it seems an watchdog or timeout appears and the system is going down completely.

In addition I found something else:
    - When running in WinXP-Mode: MP.exe is hanging while starting in step "initializing directx".
    - When running in WinXP-Mode: Once MP.exe was started and closed again, MP.exe can't be started until reboot (possibly use dicon would be ok - not tested)

I hope we find the reason for that problem, else I will try a complete new installation of Win8 (when I ever find the time ;))

Best regards

RUE

rue

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi again!

The good news: I got it .....

I tried to analyze some curios messages (Audio, Display Audio, network .... and so on) but found nothing at all.

Finally I found the reason in a device that I never thought about ... the X10 remote radio card.

The driver announced in SetupTV.exe is real outdated and it causes the "silent crash" problem. It seems the shutdown-to-suspend process is getting terminated or delayed by x10 driver. OS is silently chanching shutdown strategy from "suspend" to "unsafe hold" (crash). I assume the current X10 driver did not support WDM scheme.

I am currently checking v 3.13 (ftp://ftp.x10.com/pub/applications/drivers/x10drivers_rf_all.exe) of this driver and use "x10 driver -> medion model" but I think that doesn't matter. For the moment everything is running fine. Would be good to change this link in SetupTV.exe.

Yesterday I found a possible dependency with HD-Audio/Stereomix .. but had no time to verify this.
    After checked this I will report to you again.

Thanks for your help!

RUE

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom