Windows 10 MP2 Fresh Install with HDHR Extend (1 Viewer)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Do you want to use kodi on TV and connect to a MP2 TV-Server. Then you need to check, if the Kodi developers have updated their plugin. As far as I know their last version is for MP2.1
    Kodi PVR and mp2.1

ArloG

Portal Member
    March 20, 2018
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Working on Sony Android TV. Sheesh what a process!
    Alberto, I didn't take your reply as sarcasm. Some thread steered me towards NextPVR AND Mediaportal being turned on in Kodi.
    I only saw an export function in the server section. And I'm guessing that MP1 and MP2 have different channel stores methodology.
    To save....at least an hour and a half work scanning the Extend tuner, naming and mapping channels to the EPG-Buddy guide....in the MP1 install,
    I exported that to a file from MP2. No joy importing in MP1. So, do it all over....whew!

Windows 10 v1709 is nuts. During install and initial launches of MP1 (and MP2) I was prompted to allow the firewall exception.
    But anything having to do with data passing through MP servers to my local net get stopped dead in its tracks.
    My server firewall is disabled for now. I'll look at that later.

Where during the uninstall process I'm given a choice to wipe all of Mediaportal information including registry entries.....not very true.
    Program Files, Program Data, and the registry had leftover Mediaportal files, data.....so I scoured my server pc and laptop thoroughly.
    MP 1.18.0 final is installed...and running....and the client viewer (server side) always works.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So after a little break I'm back on my laptop. I turned the server PC firewall back on...and as Eva says on the Eggo commercial..."Ba-Bang"
    Lost the running MP TV client app channels immediately. On my Win 10 laptop in Kodi it locked up completely and required a task kill.
    The Sony Android TV just locked up in Kodi while running the Mediaportal PVR app. That required a TV cold reboot. Dev options are set to kill apps on exit and Android TV wont allow a task killer at this time.
    But I can browse shares on my network back and forth.

I just added an inbound and outbound exception in the Windows firewall on my server PC for TvService.exe
    It's "Wide Open"....all interfaces, ports, etc. are letting everything through.
    After a cold boot on the Android TV, launching Kodi, launching the TV tab.....guides and channel mapping loaded in and I have channels.

FYI. I know somebody will request logs. And I could have taken tons of them. Many more than the aspirins I'm going to have to eat now.
    Next thing I noticed was on the TV and laptop in Kodi and the Mediaportal Player settings. ONLY ffmpeg will let the TV play audio and video.
    Or you just sit there looking at the spinny thing forever.

I'm sure other things will come out of the dirt. For now I'm going to watch (and have uncontrollable Tourette's) "WTF" !!

ArloG

Portal Member
    March 20, 2018
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Do you want to use kodi on TV and connect to a MP2 TV-Server. Then you need to check, if the Kodi developers have updated their plugin. As far as I know their last version is for MP2.1
    Kodi PVR and mp2.1

Yes. I did use the 2.1 plugin. No joy. MP2 seemed like the hot ticket to me but crashed like a MIG at an air show.
    I am using the MP1 plugin.
    Here in the USA I'm using the HdHomerun Extend on digital cable to get ~70 clear qam channels.
    Because the clear channels have no PSIP (channel info, mapping, etc.) data multiplexed in them, the tuner displays "Unknown 13.620....Unknown 44.45" on my TV's
    The whole reason I wanted a simple method to name and map my channels. I have a scrolling guide on a single channel. But they are mapped as integer numbers.
    And I actually didn't care if I had DVR/PVR capabilities. If PLEX could have done it, that would have been my first choice.
    If Silicondust would have had the insight to enable writing into the firmware EEPROM channel names and numbers to send over TCP/IP....
    If only!

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There is only a MP 2.1.2 plugin for Kodi, the developer did not publish yet an updated one for MP 2.1.3.

Cheers

Blue Max

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom