Windows 10 power options for sleep (2 Viewers)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What i eventually want is hibernation.
    The difference between hibernation and sleep is minimal, maybe 2-3 W. With 20 hrs off every day this amounts to ~20 kWh/a - or ~5 GBP/a. So if it works with standard sleep..

unticked the left box that had something about grabbing epg when active
    You need to deactivate the grab while idle for the test.

Computer went to sleep:)
    Clear sign of suboptimal EPG setting. You don't need to EPG for each of your channels. Instead there is one single channel that transmits schedule information for all other channels. A good option to start with would be Freeview. Untick all others.

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Instead there is one single channel that transmits schedule information for all other channels. A good option to start with would be Freeview. Untick all others.

Bit confused here. So under EPG, the one under Radio Channels, there is an option for this there? I use xmltv plugin to grab my epg data from digiguide.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Bit confused here. So under EPG, the one under Radio Channels, there is an option for this there? I use xmltv plugin to grab my epg data from digiguide.
    Then you are not using the EPG grabber and it should be set to off for both idle and active on the DVB EPG tab..

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Ok will look at that. It has woken up to record i will continue to monitor. I want to see if it will go to sleep after completing recording.

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Both of the tick boxes are blank. About 30 minutes to go before this test recording is finished. Then i hope it will go to sleep

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Ok i think we might be there. It is in standby. Thank you for all of your kind help. So at the moment we think that DVB EPG grabber was active & keeping my system awake. I have 2 recordings set for this evening so we should not mark this as solved yet. But thanks again;)

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    I have set another test recording for 18.00hrs. Then i have 3 programmes this evening i wish to record. I have automated xmltv for 0300 hrs. We shall see if it works. I will report tomorrow.

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    All recording well. Sleep working.

I do use this computer for other things. Itunes & Video Redo editing.

So i re enabled the option in processes for PS to not shut down my pc when the client is not active. 2 minutes for screen close 3 minutes for sleep under power in windows settings. Also under PS i enabled wake to download epg at 0300 hrs, do not sleep whilst downloading epg . Having created a scheduled task in windows for run task of the xmltv console. But i did not do a reboot. Not sure if that is necessary.

And it no longer went to sleep.

Have unticked under PS epg, wake up for epg grabbing & do not put the computer to sleep

Re starting mp2 client

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Computer did not go to sleep. Have unticked box in SP processes to not shut down the computer when MP2 client is nor running. Still not done a reboot.

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Now it has gone to sleep. So when i want to work on this computer i will just change my power plan under windows power settings. S i think solved is the issue. Later i will re enable wake computer to download epg & do not sleep whilst downloading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom