Windows 10 power options for sleep (1 Viewer)

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hello HTPCSourcer,

Oops & thanks for the reply.

Could you send me a link that best describes how to set power settings in mp2 please. I want to have desktop settings. So pc wont hibernate when mp2 not running. But go to hibernation s4 when mp2 is running, wake up, record & after recording go back to hibernation. I am on a single seat system. I do not cate if i use powerscheduler or not. Thank you for your kind note above.

Lacanox

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Gawd bless yah sah!

You have to imagine 1950s cockney sergeant saluting:)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Like this one?

sarge.jpg

Attachments

• sarge.jpg
      sarge.jpg
      29.7 KB

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Well ...... yes .... bit more black & white ..... think ...... Carry on Sergeant.

Sorry to be a pain, but my system not using power scheduler will wake up from hibernate to record a program but then does not seem to go back to hibernate. Any ideas please?

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Should I set a recording up, & then close MP2?

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Would you bleedin' belive it! Its done it now!! But it took far longer to do it than the 5 minutes i have set in Windows

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    But it took far longer to do it than the 5 minutes i have set in Windows
    The system will enter sleep/hibernate status after the defined time once it is idle. If this wasn't the case after 5 min then something else kept the system in busy state, e.g. the post-recording time that you may have set - or something completely unrelated to MP2.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    something else kept the system in busy state, e.g. the post-recording time that you may have set
    ...or grabbing the EPG (since @lacanox is using UK DVB-T/T2 with TV Server). I have my system setup to grab the EPG every hour for 10 minutes when the system is powered up but idle. This means that at the end of a recording, the system usually runs for the post-padding time (5 minutes), plus the EPG-grabbing time (10 minutes), and then it hibernates.

The frequency of EPG grabbing, and the duration of EPG grabbing, can be set in "TV Server Config". You can also choose to use the "grab while watching/recording" setting, although I don't use that myself as there was some indication that it caused problems on my system.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

lacanox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Thank you very much both. Yes i do pad my timed recordings, 7 minutes at the start, 10 minutes at the end. I will look at the tv config. I do have a very crowded pc. I have i tunes, Nero 2014, Quicken 2000, 3 Samsung Kies progs, digiguide (which i use via xmltv plugin for my epg) VLC media player. Also a remote desk top thing for work. Synctunes as well, so i can have all my ipod stuff on my phone. Indeed i need to get rid of some things on my c drive, of 77.7gb i have only 6.29 gb left so the c drive is a pretty red line.

I need to investigate further. However do i leave the MP2 gui running when i have set a recording or should i close it? I think on MP1 it did not really matter.

Thanks again chaps

Lacanox

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom