Windows 10 Theme for BlueVision skin (2 Viewers)

ge2301

MP2 Design
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    • Admin
    Hi,

Windows 10 is released and people are step by step updating their OS. Wouldn't it be nice to have also MP2 visually fitting to your OS? I think so :) Therefore I'd like to announce a new "Windows 10" theme based on BlueVision skin.

What are the features?
    • Background FanArts will be again supported
    • Top group menu with tiles fitting to windows 10
    Currently the theme is in beta phase, but already usable. Here a test version for download.
    Please extract the zip-file into the Theme folder of BlueVision skin.

Attachments

Last edited:

ge2301

MP2 Design
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    • Admin
    Poster added to the right side and space adjustments. Grid view is completed.
    Win10_theme_alpha2.jpg

Edit: Design was updated meanwhile. Above screen shot is outdated.

Last edited:

ge2301

MP2 Design
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    • Admin
    Cover Flow view:
    coverflow.jpg

Edit: The semitransparent gradient behind the MediaItem posters is now gapless connected to the bottom information box background (here shown screenshot does not show this)

Last edited:

ge2301

MP2 Design
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    • Admin
    List view:
    listview.jpg

Edit: Scroll view control bar on the left side was adjusted, means centered between MediaItems and outer screen edge (not visible in this old screenshot). I decided to also change the focus background in that direction it toughs both edges horizontally, means is align with the black semitransparent background.

Last edited:

ge2301

MP2 Design
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    • Admin
    @morpheus_xx
    How can I transfer the info note to the footer area ("Disable windows automatic ...")? I'd would like to do so, to make it consistant with the BV logic (Infos always in the buttom)
    I didn't see a seperate control for this, so the info seems to come together with the menu items.

Additionally I would also like to add infos for the menu buttons in the footer area. If the user focuses e.g. the Schedule button in TV section, the footer shows with 1-2 sentences what can be done there. Some people might think it's not necessary, but especially for people coming from WMC it can help a lot to feel confident with the architecture of MP2.

morpheus_xx

Lead Dev MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    I think all settings are handled by Configuration plugins and its screen https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...lt/screens/configuration-section.xaml#L18-L25. This label should be the one which you need to place into the footer placeholder.

Additionally I would also like to add infos for the menu buttons in the footer area. If the user focuses e.g. the Schedule button in TV section, the footer shows with 1-2 sentences what can be done there. Some people might think it's not necessary, but especially for people coming from WMC it can help a lot to feel confident with the architecture of MP2.
    The buttons represent workflow actions, like this one:
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...ult/workflow/SlimTvClient-actions.xml#L29-L35

There is currently only a "name" attribute defined, which is more a technical indicator than a real help text.

This means for the moment we don't have a generic way to add such labels yet. I could imagine that we add a localization tag to the transition (like "HelpText" similar to DisplayLabel).

ge2301

MP2 Design
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    I think all settings are handled by Configuration plugins and its screen https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...lt/screens/configuration-section.xaml#L18-L25. This label should be the one which you need to place into the footer placeholder.
    Ok, this label needs to come to the footer. At the same time I'd like to eliminate the same label in the center area. Therfore I copied the configuration-section.xaml to the screen folder of the theme and deleted the marked label section.
    If I do so, the settings remain empty without error logs. So I placed once the original configuration-section.xaml in screen folder of the theme and I face the same situation. What am I doing wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread