Windows 10 Theme for BlueVision skin (3 Viewers)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks.

More a general comment: The folder structure is a little bit confusing for a newcomer like me who is joining from MP1. Under ..\Plugins you have for example

-- BlueVision
    -- -- Language
    -- -- Skin
    ---- -- BlueVision
    ------ -- Backgrounds
    ------ -- Themes

My first assumption would have bee a structure like ..\Plugins\Skin\BlueVision\Themes. I guess that it is what it is and the normal user will never get to see this anyway.

Regarding the Win10 theme I have been running into some error messages, but I am so new to MP2 that it is hard to say what is really going on. One Thing that I noticed: When watching Live TV in Window mode and then switching to FullScreen, TV pauses and an error reporting tool is launched. I could not make any entry and had to terminate the reporting window with Alt-F4 upon which Live TV continued toplay in FullScreen.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you upload the error logs. There should be a shortcut to the logs on your desktop. I have no TV tuner, so never could test it. At the moment I can not imagine it's related to the theme, but from the logs I'll see.

The folder structure is fixed. With the plugin manager users should never see this folder in future

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is the most frequent error message, from TV when changing some channels.

Next.JPG

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here's a small cut out, resized to 400%. Here you can see the (green) brighter lines. I noticed it also only in fullscreen mode, where my black monitor border gave a good contrast.
    Can not see anything like this on my screen. I checked the the border properties. Actually no borderthickness is set, so I assumed it means N/A.
    To be sure I set all borderthickness=0. But as I can not see the effect on my screen, I can not judge if its help.

Another thing I realized. In the Main Menu the Tiles have borders with text sliding up when focussed. I like the effect, but before the effect starts it's once flickering. This is kind of annoying. Also would be nice, if the border slides back, if the focus is gone. Couldn't find a way to fix this yet.

https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...mes/Win10/styles/OtherControls.xaml#L521-L541

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Another thing I realized. In the Main Menu the Tiles have borders with text sliding up when focussed. I like the effect, but before the effect starts it's once flickering. This is kind of annoying. Also would be nice, if the border slides back, if the focus is gone. Couldn't find a way to fix this yet.

https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...mes/Win10/styles/OtherControls.xaml#L521-L541
    Stupid me, could solve it finally ... just missed to add a keyframe at 00:00:00 with start value :ROFLMAO: Thought this was covered by BeginTime definition. Now works smothly like a charme.
    HTML:
                <Storyboard x:Key="Storyboard1">
                  <DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames BeginTime="00:00:00" Storyboard.TargetName="ItemBand" Storyboard.TargetProperty="Height">
                    <SplineDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="00:00:00" Value="60"/>
                    <SplineDoubleKeyFrame KeyTime="00:00:00.3" Value="80"/>
                  </DoubleAnimationUsingKeyFrames>

Also would be nice, if the border slides back, if the focus is gone. Couldn't find a way to fix this yet.
    For this I tried to change "HasFocus" to "GotFocus" and to add in next step "LostFocus", but last two seem to be not recognized. I saw both in MPF definitions, perhapps the problem is, that they can only be used as RoutedEvent and not with Datatrigger ...

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Player Control Styles in Footer updated:
    playercontol.jpg

Please ignore the LivePreview in upper right corner. This will be changed in next step as well.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Will you be pushing a new beta?
    Best would be, if it can be part of SRU1 with latest changes.
    @morpheus_xx I didn't check all new posts today. Will you merge latest changes into the SRU1 or will you use an existing installer?
    I pushed last changes about 1 minute ago ...

EDIT: Just saw, that the "final build" was created 45 minutes eralier. The very last changes of Win10 theme are not included. But no big deal. I need to fix a few mor details anyway. Afterwards I'll upload an updated beta version.

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The Power Button and Back Button always appear, when mouse moved or a button pressed. Same is for the totally overworked PiP control style in case 2 MediaItems played at the same time.
    Unbenannt.jpg

Please ignore the bottom information box, it will be overworked in next step to fit to the total design.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Latest plan is to completely change the FullScreen Player controls and Information area like attached screenshot. This will be more align with the Windows 10 design and addtionally it's easy to navigate through the controls. Before some buttons were quite hard to see when focussed.
    Präsentation1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom