[solved] Windows 10 Upgrade from 7 - Remote now wont work (1 Viewer)

5teve

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 26, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    Hi Guys

Took the plunge on the HTPC to go to windows 10 (was suffering bad tearing on win 7 and netflix) all was working well on a 2 month old install prior to upgrade.

Upgraded and all appears to run ok.. apart from the remote doesnt pass anything to mediaportal. Its an Imon Pad (silverstone LC20m case / vfd / receiver)

Using the Imon manager and using the IR identifier, all signals are received and processed by IMON, but MP never appears to receive them.. Nothing has changed setup wise from win7 , so has anything else changed for win10 compatibility that could stop the remote?

Nothing is in the log relating to commands / remote actions , even with extended logging ticked.

Thanks in advance

Steve

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Assuming you are using iMON in MCE compatibility mode you need to use the Media remote.
    Make sure you disable all other remotes.

5teve

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 26, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    The Imon remote doesnt have this option from what I can see. Its the OEM version that is built into the LC20m.

Previously media keys and HID were enabled together and all was fine. All I did was upgrade to windows 10 from 7..

This was originally with 1.12 pre release and I updated to release just in case something changed. I have tried all variations of HID, media Keys etc and nothing will work. I have also ensured all other remote stuff is off, disabled the VFD plugin, and Shortcutr plugin (maps specific key strokes to remote input).

As I mentioned, the remote is sending and receiving signals fine according to the IMon IR indicator..

Any other ideas?

Steve

Skywizard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Canberra
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Looks like I have a similar setup - iMon Manager on my Antec Fusion MC case. I too have not had much luck getting my WMC Rc6 remote to work with Win 10 and MP 1.12 (the setup worked perfectly with win 7 MC)

I find that the IR signals are being received by the case. I can get basic functionality with the direction keys and the OK button, both on the remote and the keyboard. I also have the MS IR MC keyboard which the alphanumeric keys are all recognised and work when typing, but the MC/MP specific buttons are not working as expected.

The / some keystrokes on the keyboard are recognised by MP in that I can press the spacebar for pause and "R" to record for instance.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The Imon remote doesnt have this option from what I can see.

Must be somewhere in the iMON settings as far as I remember.
    The only thing I can think of is that iMON is prevented from sending Windows Messages by Windows 10 for security reason.

Can you check if the media keys are working at all in any other application that is not from SoundGraph?

5teve

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 26, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    Hi Stephane

Thanks for the reply (and you too Skywizard) I have just started WMP (standard one built into Win10) and it operates ok.. play pause etc work as expected. Mouse mode also works as expected. Does this help?

I have a pastebin log file of a simple open / close of MP just in case anything may be amiss..

http://pastebin.com/sVuC5CR1

Steve

Last edited:

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Stephane

Thanks for the reply (and you too Skywizard) I have just started WMP (standard one built into Win10) and it operates ok.. play pause etc work as expected. Mouse mode also works as expected. Does this help?

Steve
    Are you using the iMON remote hardware itself? The one with mouse emulation? As opposed to using a universal remote?

If yes it sounds like you are not using your iMON in MCE compatibility mode.
    Check all the tabs in your iMON manager, the one where you choose your remote gives you that option. But then I'm not sure it will work with your remote hardware, you would need an RC6 compatible remote.

In theory you should also be able to get the key mapping working for MP in iMON mode but it seems something is not quite working there either. Again check your iMON manager setup.

5teve

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 26, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    OK... had a more in depth look now and finally had a break through. Reset the settings in MP to as they were with win7.. and then as an obscure thing.. went into the startup settings for windows 10 - selected the soundgraph / imon programs, right click > properties > run as administrator > for all 3 and set security to full control for users (was already full for admin and system) - rebooted and now it works.. or appears to. Will have a closer look later but I can now navigate around MP which is more than I could.. Looks like permissions play a bigger role in windows 10.. ?

Thanks

Steve

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Looking in your logs MiniDisplay is complaining it can't connect the display because it's not in "plug-in mode". This is another option you need to enable in iMON Manager.

5teve

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 26, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    Yeah thats been intermittent even in windows 7... I was trying enabling and disabling it to see if that had any effect.. I obviously had it disabled for that open.. I will test a bit more thoroughly later and report back.. but looks like the admin trick worked.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom