[solved] Windows 10 Upgrade from 7 - Remote now wont work (1 Viewer)

5teve

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 26, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    Looks like I have a similar setup - iMon Manager on my Antec Fusion MC case. I too have not had much luck getting my WMC Rc6 remote to work with Win 10 and MP 1.12 (the setup worked perfectly with win 7 MC)

I find that the IR signals are being received by the case. I can get basic functionality with the direction keys and the OK button, both on the remote and the keyboard. I also have the MS IR MC keyboard which the alphanumeric keys are all recognised and work when typing, but the MC/MP specific buttons are not working as expected.

The / some keystrokes on the keyboard are recognised by MP in that I can press the spacebar for pause and "R" to record for instance.

Skywizard

I have a specific mapping in the imon manager (keyboard mappings) I then have shortcutr installed to map these keystrokes in MP and I also have HID and Media enabled in config. It may be worth seeing also if changing the imon software to run as administrator on startup has any effect.

Skywizard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Canberra
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have un-installed the iMon software and find the remote operates just the same as it did with the iMon s/w. The front view display does not show any information other than the current time in the (awful) default font - I can live without front view working.

It would be good to get the full functionality using the RC6 remote (I have a mouse on the lounge with me too).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom