Operating System Windows 7 keeps muting sound (1 Viewer)

octessence

Portal Pro
May 8, 2012
Germany
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Great thanks the unmute script solved it for me.

Slight variation if you don't want to see the cmd.exe window from running a batch file you can run something like the following vbs script instead of the batch file:

Code:
unmute.vbs:

Set oShell = CreateObject ("Wscript.Shell")
oShell.Run "C:\tools\nircmd-x64\nircmd.exe mutesysvolume 0", 0, True

darkside40

Portal Pro
August 17, 2009
Ruhrgebiet
Home Country
Germany Germany
I have the same Problem since i upgraded to 1.3.0 a month ago. Maybe i will do a clean install of the whole system see if it solves the problem.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have the same Problem since i upgraded to 1.3.0 a month ago. Maybe i will do a clean install of the whole system see if it solves the problem.

You could try the new PS++ and see if that helps. (Option "Unmute master volume on start and leaving away mode")
    =PS%25252B%25252B_1.2.3.0_Client_Client.png

hinuslinus

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 12, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Turning off PowerScheduler (out of box version; I didn't try PS++) altogether seemed to fix this problem for me. So it's likely related to PS.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, this is related to ps using the windows away mode, wich has this bug. Use ps++ to have PS functionality. Ps will be replaced with ps++ in next release (see area51)

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I had this problem with my main htpc. Ps++ did not always work, waf was ultra low.

To fix this problem I uninstalled the amd hdmi sound driver and now I'm using the generic Microsoft driver, works flawlessly.

I don't know if the Microsoft driver work in a HD audio setup, we only use 2.0 PCM audio.

Edit:
    The problem above was not ps++ problems, it's bad drivers and windows 7 hdmi problem.

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    To fix this problem I uninstalled the amd hdmi sound driver and now I'm using the generic Microsoft driver, works flawlessly.
    How did you manage that WIn 7 uses this driver?
    Is it already in the system and can be used, or have you downloaded it somewhere?

Ministerk

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • November 28, 2007
    Uppsala
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    How did you manage that WIn 7 uses this driver?
    Is it already in the system and can be used, or have you downloaded it somewhere?

I uninstalled the driver in the device manager. Right click the device for properties, select the drivers tab and click uninstall driver (something like that, got Swedish windows). Rebooted and windows installed the generic driver.

Unfortunately this does not always work, windows can cache (older?) drivers and installs them agian, the you have to clean the drivers cache.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom