Operating System Windows 7 keeps muting sound (1 Viewer)

nfox

Portal Pro
August 22, 2006
London
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
It's been three weeks and it seems to be working (mostly). Since I used MonInfo I have had two occasions when the pc has resumed muted. While not perfect, that's a lot better than it was. I'm going to keep an eye on the situation and if I discover anything else that helps I'll add the info here

Neil

Dannyboyni

Portal Member
August 21, 2011
I was having the same problem as nfox. I used the MonInfo fix and that solved the problem. The only problem is it recreated an existing problem of my DTS-HD audio not working. I had previously applied another .ini fix for my ati card to fix bit streaming issues. Because I have had to override that .ini fix with this MonInfo fix I have now lost all bit streaming.

So how would I get my bit streaming back? I realise if I put the original .ini file back to fix the bit streaming issue, my mute problems will come back. Would it be possible to combine the fixes for both of the .ini files into one ini file and fix both the muting issue and the bit streaming issue at the same time.

Dannyboyni

Portal Member
August 21, 2011
A while ago I had a not to dissimilar problem, so used a little program 3RVX to overcome it.

Allows you to control main volume from within MP.

HTH

That still is a crappy work around. I have my volume buttons set up on my harmony one remote to control the amp volume and mute.

Plus with this work around you would still have to press volume up to unmute it each time.

If this app allowed windows to unmute for every wake event I would be much happier.

Oliver Flick

September 25, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Windows 7 keeps muting sound

Hi Nfox
I feel to have the same problem - my HTPC boots one time a day to get the timer´s information for TV recording. In this state the TV, plugged with HDMI is powered OFF - (not standby). My MP HTPC is not starting from sleep mode- I have a fast SSD Drive, which brings it up fast enough.
That could be a reason, that in this situation the HDMI device will not be proper initialized because TV can´t be found.

fmulders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have a nice workaround for you, it is not a solution but it works.
    I have found a command tool which can do the trick. You just have to set a scedule to run that tool if you pc awakes from standby or even boots.

I attached two files:
    1) NirCMD.zip
    2) Unmute system.xml

1. unzip the file to the root of C: It wil create a folder called NirCMD with the content you need.
    2. Go to the taskmanager and rightclick in the library. Select import task.
    It will open a window to browse to an XML file. There you select the other file I attached.
    It will create a task with the right settings and triggers but you have to set the user and password offcourse.

If you have any questions please ask.

Greatings,
    Frank

Attachments

• Unmute system.xml
      3.7 KB
    • NirCMD.zip
      67.6 KB

Pilgrimon

Portal Pro
    April 15, 2010
    Thanks fmulders! This led me down the right path to solve my issue.

I added the following trigger to your task:

Begin the task: On an event
    Log: System
    Source: Kernel-Power
    EventID: 59

The above solves the following problem:

When I tell it to sleep while it's recording my My ATI 6570 goes to sleep and mutes. At this point the system is awake and recording, once finished it would suspend to S3. However, if I wake it before the system enters S3 my audio would be muted.

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I've got this muting back since I upgraded to the newest 1.3.0rc. Can anyone confirm that?
    Before, with the 1.3.0 beta it was working well.

By the way, thanks @fmulders for his solution posted above.

Regards,
    bribbon

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom