[Info] Windows Phone App (1 Viewer)

F0nz0

Portal Member
October 7, 2014
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Upgraded to the MPExtended 0.6 beta version and edited the "-b:v" value to 500 in one of the 3 WP8 streaming profiles. Now testing from an external IP-address and performance has increased a bit, meaning it takes a bit longer for the Audio-buffer to get depleted and for the a/v to start stuttering/stalling. Prebuffering is set at the maximum of 60 secs.

When using the non-edited WP8 720p profile, after 60 secs of prebuffering the Video-Buffer is 1.500 and Audio-Buffer 345. Streaming duration is 120 secs before the audio buffer gets depleted.

It's alsmost the same when using the edited WP WVGA profile: after 60 secs of prebuffering Video-Buffer is 1.500 and Audio-Buffer 345. Streaming duration is also 120 secs before audio buffer gets depleted, somehow it's filled again after a while and video-buffering continues but audio still remains a bottleneck. When Audio-Buffer is fully depleted to 0, the Video-Buffer is being filled normally.

If we can somewhow increase the performance of the audio buffering by tweaking its settings. Perhaps using "-q:a 9" in stead of the current "-b:a 128k" for libmp3lame. https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Encode/MP3

Last edited:

schwerdy

Portal Member
January 6, 2015
Home Country
Germany Germany
Its terrible. Swithcd to vbr and tried values from 0-9. Found an interesting option in the "other codecs" section. https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Encode/HighQualityAudio
There it is possible just to copy the audio stream to avoid a re-encoding. WP8 should be able to work with mp2 or mp3 audio.. But i cant get it working. When I replace the audio streaming section with the parameter -c:a copy I only get a black screen. Perhaps I do something wrong... Replaced also the original ffmpeg.exe with a newer one.. But its not better..

F0nz0

Portal Member
October 7, 2014
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Upgraded to the newest ffmpeg version too and did some testing. Added "-ar 44100" (or -ar 22050 or 11025) and the audio prebuffering is flushed almost instantly to 0 as video buffer reaches 1.500. This is the same when using "-b:a" or -"q:a".When using "-b:a 320k": video-buffer is 1500 and audio 800. But it gets depleted faster then. I'm totally in the dark only doing trial and error things, lol, while the app's Movies section streams almost any format with enough buffering. ... And eating 100% cpu usage on my i5 proc.

Last edited:

FordGT90Concept

Portal Member
June 5, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I downloaded and tried MPTVClient and the playback wasn't smooth at all on my Lumia 920 (more like still photos updated every few seconds). Actually, this matches exactly what I'm seeing:

Hello @all,
I have a Problem with the use of my MPTCLient8.
Since I upgraded my Lumia 920 to WP8.1 cyan update, I am not able to view any video.
After about 5 seconds of playing live stream or video, the data stream starts stucking and then the video stops completely. PreBuffering settings have no effect to the problem. My used Version is 0.7.1.0, but the 0.8 is not downloadable from the store.
It makes no difference wether I use the local LAN adress to connect to my MediaPortal Server or the public IP.
When I watch with a normal PC, e.g. Firefox all is fine and I can watch with the FlashMedium profile normaly.
Are there any experiences in the forum or by the developers?

Thanks for your help and sorry for the bad english.

schwerdy

Portal Member
January 6, 2015
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi guys,
after a long time of doing nothing, I think that I found a possible solution for the problem.
My tests with the wp8 app in live TV are now pleasuring me.
First I found out that the upload stream of my mpextended Server was never above 1.2Mbits/s. It was no difference between the local and the public network.
Therefore I was not able to use the flash HQ profiles with WebMediaPortal. In my tests I found out that there has to be some upload limitation with the IIS Express.
Since I couldn't find a parameter to increase the limit I decided to try out the IIS Edition of WebMediaPortal.
So I uninstalled IIS Express und switched the setup to the IIS version of mpextended. I don't now wheter WebMediaPortal is necessary for the app, but as you can read above, my changes with IIS Express and WebMediaPortal 0,6.0 had no effect on the problem.
Now with the "bigger" IIS my upstream is no longer limited.
When I stream HQ or HD I get values with more than 6.0Mbits/s!!! So no more limit.
With this in mind I tried out the wp8 app, but it worked not good. So I reduced the quality in the streaming.xml and set the audio convertion to superfast.
Conlusion of what I did:
-unistalled MPextended and WebMediaPortal
-installed IIS from Win 8.1 (.net und MVC3 had also to be reinstalled)
-installed MPextended 0.5.4
-installed WebMediaPortal IIS Edition (not the one for Express)
-downloaded the last ffmpeg without OpenCL support

Here my actual streamingprofiles.xml from c:\programdata\mpextended

<Name>WP8 FFmpeg WVGA</Name>
<Description>WVGA Profile for WP8</Description>
<HasVideoStream>true</HasVideoStream>
<MIME>video/MP2T</MIME>
<MaxOutputWidth>800</MaxOutputWidth>
<MaxOutputHeight>480</MaxOutputHeight>
<Targets>
<Target>windows-phone-ts</Target>
</Targets>
<Bandwidth>512</Bandwidth>
<Transport>http</Transport>
<Transcoder>MPExtended.Services.StreamingService.Transcoders.FFMpeg</Transcoder>
<TranscoderParameters>
<codecParameters>-x264opts no-cabac:trellis=0:keyint=50 -codec:v libx264 -b:v 512k -r 25 -profile:v baseline -preset:v superfast -coder rle -codec:a libmp3lame -b:a 128k -ac 2 -strict experimental -sn -f mpegts -async 1000</codecParameters>

Now I want to try to increase the video quality step by step, becaus the wxga profile is still not usable.

I hope this may help you.
good luck
schwerdy

FordGT90Concept

Portal Member
June 5, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I tried it. It is better but after it streams about 5 seconds, Lumia 920 has problems. From that point on, it plays for about a second, buffers, plays, buffers, etc.

My server was always running IIS Edition because it has full-blown IIS. I didn't mess with FFMPEG.

schwerdy

Portal Member
January 6, 2015
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi, I'm sorry to hear that. I thought it is working now. Have the same problems again. :(
Is there nobody who can help us?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom