Windows Vista MCE Replacement Driver (2 Viewers)

lion09

April 4, 2008
sorry, i've tried with pinnacle mce remote kit qith vista because i 've not mce xp 2005 :(

rickyman

Portal Pro
February 5, 2008
when i replace with the Vista MCE Replacement Driver, then my remote is not working. how can i make the remote control working (RC6 remote control)?

Boiler

Portal Pro
July 29, 2007
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
okay, i'm very confused

i use vista ultimate with sp1 and have a microsoft mce remote rc6. i'd like to use the remote with mediaportal, but every time i klick the green button, windows media center starts. okay, i know, it's supposed to do that.

so i want to install this recplacement thingy. i download the attachement form the first post in this thread. and now i have no idea how to proceed:

1. do i have to place the extracted files in a specific folder to tun the bat file?
2. do i have to do/install anything else? like the replacement plugin installer?

thanks for any help!

UPDATE

ok, i threw vista out of the window and installed xp sp3. i still can't get the remote to work. i just don't know what to do

windows pro sp3 and mediaportal v1.0

what to i have to do to get my standatd microsoft remote control to work?????

rickyman

Portal Pro
February 5, 2008
i use intelliremote to program for MP. but i cannot get the number exactly to turn to that channel because when i press channel 23 it goes to like channel 29. i dont know why.

peter448

Portal Member
June 7, 2008
Brisbane
Home Country
Hi Boiler.

i use vista ultimate with sp1 and have a microsoft mce remote rc6. i'd like to use the remote with mediaportal, but every time i klick the green button, windows media center starts. okay, i know, it's supposed to do that.

I had the exactr same issue with Vista Home Premium SP1. There is at least one post that talks about disabling the 4 Media Center services that run, but I still found this didn't work. Sometimes (ie not all of the time) when I hit the 'green button' Media Center would load up over the top of MP. In fact it wasn't only the green button that did this. Other combinations that I couldn't be bother working out.

In the end I followed "Howto: Mediaportal with Vista" started by eloo, vLite'd my installation to remove Media Center from the Vista install (only way I found this to be easily possible), then used and-81' replacement driver and plugin.

. do i have to place the extracted files in a specific folder to tun the bat file?
2. do i have to do/install anything else? like the replacement plugin installer?

1. no.
2. yes.

There are other posts that explain this. Look to them for more details. Basically you need to install the MCE Replacement Driver. This is the "OS" side of things, and replaces the eHome driver that only comes in Vista (versions with Media Center in it) if you've installed Media Center (and if you vLite Media Center out you don't get it). The MCE Replacement Plugin is a plugin that automates MP talking to the MCE Replacement Driver.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Peter

Boiler

Portal Pro
July 29, 2007
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Peter, thanks a lot for your help

I finally got it working (with win xp pro). the solution was to install ir server suite, including the tray launcher.
now, the remote works perfectly!

smee204

May 17, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
driver crashes vista

Does anyone else have the problem that the remote is crashing the computer when the computer is put into standby. I tell the computer to go into standby and the screen goes blank and then the computer locks up. If I switch back to the microsoft driver it works fine. I am running vista home premium 32 bit with the v2 microsoft remote and putting the computer into s3+4 hybrid sleep.

Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom