Windows Vista MCE Replacement Driver (1 Viewer)

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

Spooon69

Portal Member
    October 6, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm trying to install the driver on my AOpen MP965-DR Mini PC, but it isn't installing. Vista detected my IR as "eHome Infrared Receiver (USBCIR)" and the hardware id is:
    USB\VID_1934&PID_0602

cedi

October 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi,
    i used MP for a short while, but I had to go back to Vista Media Center, because MP had to much options and little bugs for my parents. Anyway I testet also te IR Server Suit and was very impressed. Now that I changed back to VMC i can't use it anymore..

I won't use the ehome IR driver orignal by MS, because it sends normal Keys to anywhere and I have VMC running in window mode on a second display.
    I installed and-81's Vista Replacement Driver and got the remote with girder working..

My problem is, that in VMC when I choose live TV it gives me an error, that the IR sensor isn't plugged in. (I think it isn't familiar with the driver). So I can't change channel by blasting out of VMC or even record with channel change.

I know this is an MP-Forum not VMC, but I read several threads where people wanted to be able to run both Media Center and Media Portal, but aren't able because of this problem.

So my question:
    (Mainly @ and-81:) Isn't it possible to iclude some of the code from the original MS ehome driver, just to be able to configure the IR blasting to a set top box in VMC.
    Or is there a program available to send the channel change commands in VMC to an external programm like girder?

I hope i explained my problem understandable..
    Thanks

cedi

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    cedi:
    I don't want to get into a discussion about Windows MediaCenter, but you can certainly use IR Server Suite with other HTPC apps. Just get an external STB tuner plugin for your HTPC app and get it to call IRBlast in the IR Server Suite.

For Windows MediaCenter try Zapper (there may be others like Zapper out there, I wouldn't know):
    http://thegreenbutton.com/forums/thread/35459.aspx

For Sage, it's ExeTuner.

As I said, I don't want to get into a discussion about it. Give it a try and send me a Private Message if you have any trouble.

Also ... did you read where I explained that the Replacement driver is now obsolete? You can make the default driver behave like the replacement driver, so it wont send commands automatically ... go read this:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mce_replacement_driver_obsolete-t29024.html

Spooon69:

Do the eHome (default) drivers work? If they do then use them. If they don't try adding your vid and pid to the inf file for your os. If that doesn't work. You're stuck :( Sorry.

Cheers,

Spooon69

Portal Member
    October 6, 2007
    Home Country
    and-81
    Yup, the default drivers work fine. They're Vista only, XP drivers don't exist for them. But no worries, this was before I got IR Server Suite working nicely, just had to disable UAC and disable the hidir service too, can't just disable one of em, gotta be both.

So not stuck any longer, thanks to your other software.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yep, that was the case with the previous version of IR Server (I just uploaded the new version a couple of hours ago). The new one should work with UAC enabled because I have told it it must run as an Administrator. So if you have UAC enabled it will prompt you.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Cheers,

Spooon69

Portal Member
    October 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Ah, is there any way you can disable the prompt? Cause I've got it setup to run at startup and don't want any prompts. I tried using TweakUAC to keep UAC enabled but prompts on silent, apparently Vista doesn't like it if prompts are disabled for startup programs, it disabled IR Server upon startup cause of that.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Actually I am working on something to fix that. Send me a Private Message with your email address (one I can send an attachment to) and I'll send you a test copy.

Cheers,

lion09

April 4, 2008
    and-81, with vista sp1 don't work your driver -_-

ERROR:
    C:\MCE>install_vista_x86.bat
    Updating drivers for USB\VID_0471&PID_0815 from C:\MCE\mceir_vista_x86.inf.
    devcon failed.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    ahh man, I'll have to install SP1 now ...

Damn...

Thanks for letting me know,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom