Windows Volume Mixer Bug (1 Viewer)

DaDuke

Portal Member
April 10, 2013
Home Country
Solomon Islands Solomon Islands
Hello Everyone!

I have an uncool bug with mepo under win 8.1.

My first installation was mepo 1.6 (or something in that range) and everything was good. This means if I change the volume in mepo the mepo volume slider in the windows volume mixer was moving.
Then the next iteration of mepo came out and since then I got a bug which I can't fix with the mepo settings. Since I updated the master volume slider and the mepo slider are moving when I change volume in mepo.

If I change volume in mepo it lowers both source and master volume, then I raise the master volume with the master volume slider on my keyboard. But when the master volume slider is set to a higher volume as a source the source volume rais as well. bingo

If I dlike to lower the volume just of mepo I have to open the windows volume mixer to change the mepo source volume.

Where can I fix the missfunction of my mepo installation?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

Can you verify your volume settings in MePo Configuration, where you can chose between "Master Volume" and "Wave"? The former would correspond to the behavior that you describe.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Unfortunately I can't watch YouTube videos from where I am now. So this either has to wait until later today or somebody else please step in.

DaDuke

Portal Member
    April 10, 2013
    Home Country
    If I switch to master volume mode all the sliders move simultaneously. As you can see with the settings above the mepo slider is moving a bit faster to 0 as the master volume.

Take your time :)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for the verbal "video". The behavior when set to Master Volume is correct. So do you also see the Master slider moving if you have selected "Wave"?[DOUBLEPOST=1413897549][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, I just recall one important thing! Are you on Win 8.1? Then you have encountered a known issue with this OS for which there is not yet a solution.

P.S.: Could you take a minute and define your system specifications in your user profile? Don't forget to activate the "visible" option. This way one can quickly see some important information about your system. More thorough investigation will normally require you to upload logs that were generated in debug level.

Last edited:

DaDuke

Portal Member
    April 10, 2013
    Home Country
    For clarification:

If I set it (in the mepo settings) to master volume all sliders move simultaneously. That means the Mepo Slider is allways at the same precentage as the master volume. This is NOT the case in the video.

If I set it (in mepo settings) to wave it behave like in the video, (The video is recorded with the settings shown in the video.) With these settings the mepo slider moves faster to 0 as the master volume slider. It looks like both slider get a command to lower volume if i press "-" on the keyboard.[DOUBLEPOST=1413898022][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm using mepo since 0.7 and it is about my 20. installation. I'm over the newbie status :p

DaDuke

Portal Member
    April 10, 2013
    Home Country
    well as I installed mepo for the first time it worked correctly. This bug appeared after I updated to the next mepo release. So I think the update process does the mess.

ps: created logs and attached them to the first post

--------------
    Is there a way to fix it in the registry?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom