WinLIRC Plugin (1 Viewer)

rino

Portal Member
May 17, 2006
Italy
To wertzui and other users of winlirc plugin.
----------------------------------------------------------------

What version of MP are you using?

Does the last available winlirc plugin (WinLIRC3.0.2.0.RC3.dll) work for you in MP 0.2, without the run time error I have during the configuration?
Or are you using the plugin with the old MP 0.2RC3 or RC4?

Thank you.

trosty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 6, 2004
    Zurich/Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    rino said:
    Does the last available winlirc plugin (WinLIRC3.0.2.0.RC3.dll) work for you in MP 0.2, without the run time error I have during the configuration?

It works on my machine with MP 0.2.0.3, unfortunatly there are some commands missing. But no error installing/configuring/running the plugin.

rino

Portal Member
    May 17, 2006
    Italy
    Thank you guys.

Following your indications I checked again everythings and
    I solved downloading WinLIRC3.dll and using it at the place of WinLIRC3.0.2.0.RC3.dll.
    An now I can use last version of MP.
    OK not all the UI of the winlirc plugin is ok but it essentially works.

Now I'll try to update the wiki.

Rino

rino

Portal Member
    May 17, 2006
    Italy
    At the moment I have limited experience of EPG. I have before to understand how to configure it for internet. In any case the UP e DOWN keys of remote works inside the first menu item of the TV section (in Italian is named "Guida TV").
    I have only a few channels with limited program infos and when I am on a first item of a row of the table-time the RIGHT key of the remote doesn't work.

rino

Portal Member
    May 17, 2006
    Italy
    To wertzui
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have just configured webEPG (very simple indeed) and now my EPG is populated.

So I can say that the move up button of my remote in the epg work for me.

I solved also my problem with the RIGHT key. I placed the plugin in logging mode and verified that the RIGHT key was unkown ("WinLIRC: Could not find ..." in winlirc.log). Then I
    edited the file winlircmap.xml with notepad putting before the raws related to the RIGHT key configuration.
    I think that the plugin have some problem in XML parsing and does not log XML parsing error it finds.

wertzui

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2005
    i have fixed my problem with the epg.
    the ir-code from my remote for the up button and the button to change the time offset in the epg were the same.

rino

Portal Member
    May 17, 2006
    Italy
    known problems list

In the doc. page I wrote the problem I found during my experimentation:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    known problems with this extension:

* sometimes closing the configuration window does not work properly;
    * sometimes the XML parser of the configuration file does not work properly and does not handle errors.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please integrate this list with your own experience and correct my english (I am not a native english speaker).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom