WinLIRC Plugin (1 Viewer)

wertzui

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 2, 2005
    i still have the feature request / problem tham my monitor does not get turned on automatically when i press a button on the remote.
    however when i press a key on the keyboard or move the mouse the monitor does get turned on.

slug54

Portal Member
    May 21, 2006
    Westfield, Indiana
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have a problem with winlirc that I can't just press the channel numbers on the remote to go to a station. I have to use channel up or down or use numbers on the keyboard.
    Anyone else have this problem or know of a solution?
    numbers work in other areas of MP just not TV. They also worked fine using LIRC and MythTV.

any thoughts ? this is kind of a deal breaker.
    I could just buy a MCE remote, but I build the IR circuit and I know it works it's
    just a software issue.

Slug

Grayda

Portal Member
    September 11, 2006
    Near Melbourne, Australia
    Home Country
    I'm not sure if this thread is still alive or what, but I have a bug to report. When using the WinLIRC plugin with the latest version of WinLIRC, I can control most things with reasonable speeds. But when it comes to Fullscreen videos, music either fullscreen or windows (using internal player or Windows Media Player 10), and sometimes fullscreen TV, the plugin slows RIGHT down, and doesn't respond to all buttons (About 1 in 20 buttonpresses works), and I have to control my media through a keyboard or mouse. Very frustrating indeed.

Any hints on what is going on here? Seems to be something with the media player code itself, rather than WinLIRC, as that works well when nothing is playing, and I'm browsing through menus and such..

acme

July 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I know this thread is like, humm, old... But I'm trying to setup my htpc to work with my remote. I'm using XP and most MCE usb receivers don't support it, so I'm back to using an old serial IR receiver. I have WinLIRC working, but now I can't find the plugin to configure MP. The links in this thread are dead.

Anybody knows where this plugin is gone? Where can I find it? Is there any other way to do this?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom