[solved] WMA support (1 Viewer)

Tomkon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2021
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    What audio file formats are supported in audio player? In particular, WMA support?

Previous WMC user, all music is in standard WMA files. When I go to Audio, looks like all artists are listed, but only 1 - 4 songs appear for each artist instead of all. I do have nearly 400 CDs ripped, approximately 32GB.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    What audio file formats are supported in audio player? In particular, WMA support?

Previous WMC user, all music is in standard WMA files. When I go to Audio, looks like all artists are listed, but only 1 - 4 songs appear for each artist instead of all. I do have nearly 400 CDs ripped, approximately 32GB.
    WMA is supported as far as I see.
    MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2

Tomkon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2021
    Home Country
    The files are .wma (Windows Media Audio)

ge2301, you stated that it looks like .wma files are supported, is there a list of file formats supported by MP2? I could not find one.

I also have a lot of Windows Media Center TV recordings that are .wtv files and some .wmv files.

Thanks for the help!

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The files are .wma (Windows Media Audio)

ge2301, you stated that it looks like .wma files are supported, is there a list of file formats supported by MP2? I could not find one.

I also have a lot of Windows Media Center TV recordings that are .wtv files and some .wmv files.

Thanks for the help!
    I gave a link in previous post, there you can see all extensions, that should be supported.
    wtv recordings and wmv files are also supported.

Tomkon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2021
    Home Country
    Sorry ge2301, I didn't notice that was a link. I see it now.

So any theories on why MP2 only shows an abbreviated list?

I have all the songs in the following file layout:

F:\Music\<artist name>\<album name>\<song titles>.wma

In MP2 Settings->Media sources->Media source configuration
    The table shows: Music | Audio | F:\Music\

When I start MP2, from the main menu (Audio | Movies | Series | ...) I select Audio it changes to a screen with a scrollable list on the left half. Mine always looks like this:

.38 Special
    Patty Griffin
    Paul Simon

I expect .38 Special is first because of special character ".", but where are the A's through O's?
    And as I scroll down, it is alphabetically increasing through the P's when it shows:

Pure Prairie League
    Passenger (why jump from "Pu..." to "Pa...")
    REM (the next artist I have after Pure Prairie League alphabetically)
    Paolo Nutini (now we are jumping backwards again)
    Ozomatli (going backwards again)
    Neil Young (going backwards again jumping past several other artists starting with "O")

and on and on with increasing alphabetically then suddenly jumping back to missed artists.

Could it be the size of my collection is over running a database config?

Thanks!

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So any theories on why MP2 only shows an abbreviated list?
    It’s the source code of MP2.

F:\Music\<artist name>\<album name>\<song titles>.wma
    MP2 imports normally from tags of each song. As wma does not support tags it would scrap everything from online sources according to the album name. I’m not sure if the artist names are considered, because how shall MP2 know those folders are artists. It could be that the importer takes other artists for those albums from online sources. This can only be answered, if you upload here log files after an import.

Being in the audio library view have you tried to enter to the left slide menu and look into the “sorting” entry? Also what are you filtering for? “Album artist” or “artist” ?

Edit: I saw from another thread opened by you that you use MP2.3.1, please use MP2.3.2 which is the latest version and fixed some bugs, that could also show media items wrongly.

Tomkon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2021
    Home Country
    Thanks ge2301.

I wanted to check on the version you suggested. I see there is a MP 2.2.3, but it looks like MP 2.3.2 is available and I assume is the latest. Did you mean 2.3.2?

I was thinking perhaps the MP 2.2.x are the stable releases and 2.3.x are the betas.

Thanks again

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks ge2301.

I wanted to check on the version you suggested. I see there is a MP 2.2.3, but it looks like MP 2.3.2 is available and I assume is the latest. Did you mean 2.3.2?

I was thinking perhaps the MP 2.2.x are the stable releases and 2.3.x are the betas.

Thanks again
    Sorry, it was a miswriting. Yes, I meant 2.3.2, it is as stable as 2.2.X releases and contains many bug fixes.

Tomkon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2021
    Home Country
    Installed MP 2.3.2. Was glad to see that it retained all my settings. I figured that with un-installing 2.3.1 I would have to go back through all the setups.

Selecting Audio from the main menu bar now shows a "Music" folder and selecting that does show my collection in the correct alphabetical order and when I drill down into an artist, all the albums & songs appear to be there. So that is great. However, if I select the Album or Artist menu item, it still is a jumbled alphabetical order and only a few songs per artist or album.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom