Not open for further replies.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    I believe that this skin is capable of attracting a lot of users. Suggest to add it as WiP to the next weekly - and promote its existence!

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Meanwhile an update again.
    Thanks to @Brownard the smooth scrolling in the main menu is finalized and also new scroll margins are implemented.
    Additionally a lot of fine tuning in the layouts is done, so the skin looks visually already very good. Scrolling in the media items is first time absolutely smooth, without any popping-up or cropped egdes :)

There is still a way to go, but most features are implemented. Before final release with MIA-rework integrated there might be a pre-release for testing.

Here some impressions:
    1_Movies_Grid_Middle.jpg 2_Movies_cover_Fanart.jpg Movies_List.jpg Movies_List_Menu.jpg
    Series_grid.jpg Series_List.jpg Series_List_3.jpg Series_season_grid.jpg
    Videos_Grid.jpg Browse_folder.jpg

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Awesome (y)

Regarding series management: personally I don't like the S1E10 labelling very much and prefer to navigate from series to season and from there to episodes. Does Brownard's work alow you to set up the correct behavior now?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The naming is not final yet for series and audio. It will come with the MIA rework.
    For Audio it will be: "01 - track name 13:40"
    For episodes it will be: "01 - episode name 45 min."

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Hopefully the numbering is "natural" then... I have more than one series with 100++ episodes in one season.... I often saw something like:
    This would be terrible if it happens...

The highest episodes number I have atm is: S01E870...

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Numbering like
    [...]
    [...]
    would be the best and simplest solution.
    --- Post updated ---
    in album view a button "play album" would be great. I don't want to add all items to a playlist and then play it. that's far to complicated and unconfortable. But first we need the MIA, I know ;)

Scott Spradlin

Portal Pro
    July 17, 2016
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This skin is excellent news. I totally agree that it has the possibility to pull over people that are sticking on Windows 7 -- it's the bridge that will ease them over. The greatest window of opportunity is before the free upgrade to Windows 10 ends.

What assistance is most needed to further this skin? Development? QA?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This skin is excellent news. I totally agree that it has the possibility to pull over people that are sticking on Windows 7 -- it's the bridge that will ease them over. The greatest window of opportunity is before the free upgrade to Windows 10 ends.

What assistance is most needed to further this skin? Development? QA?
    Thanks for your interest into the skin and MP2. I would need support for both, but coding would be the best. May I ask what kind of coding skills you have and where you see your main strength and motivation to contribute?

Scott Spradlin

Portal Pro
    July 17, 2016
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am a professional software developer in the USA working in C#. I don't do any regular XAML work but it does not scare me. :) I've successfully cloned the code and am able to build and run in debug mode. As a new member, I would probably see my first role as one of helping track down open bugs until I could become more familiar with the code base.

We've had a Win7/WMC solution as our primary TV for years -- mostly successfully. My primary motivation is based on the fact that I will not miss the free Windows 10 upgrade offer and I need to minimize the disruption in my home based on the "wife acceptance factor" of change. The focus on a Windows platform very much interests me. I would definitely like to see MP3 be the replacement solution for old WMC hold-outs like me. I believe the new skin would be incredibly helpful for my situation, therefore probably others would find similar value.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for sharing more information, that makes it much easier to find suitable tasks for you, that makes both sides win :) I would happily involve you into the skin development. Currently I'm on the way back from vacation, but I'll contact you later by pm to continue our discussion (y)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom