Status
Not open for further replies.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm going to change the Skin folder and name now. Is there a need to keep the commit history? If not I simply would start with current version.

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Nope :(
    No "Rising" or "WMC Skin", but I see a RisingSkin project in VS
    Also no "Edit Home Menu" in Settings, nowhere.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    "RisingSkin" is the right one. But it's visible only in DebugMode. I think it's better to wait to the rebase :)

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    "RisingSkin" is the right one. But it's visible only in DebugMode. I think it's better to wait to the rebase :)
    What do you mean with DebugMode? Imade a debug build in VS and started it from VS. Is there any command line Argument?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've just created a new branch FEAT_WMC_Skin. It's now a real standalone skin.

@ge2301: attention, due to changed default skin size (720p -> 1080p) the home layout doesn't fit anymore. The font size and control positions need to be adjusted.

What do you mean with DebugMode?
    Yes, old project was only enabled in DEBUG config. Now it's enabled in general.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've just created a new branch FEAT_WMC_Skin. It's now a real standalone skin.

@ge2301: attention, due to changed default skin size (720p -> 1080p) the home layout doesn't fit anymore. The font size and control positions need to be adjusted.

What do you mean with DebugMode?
    Yes, old project was only enabled in DEBUG config. Now it's enabled in general.
    Der Befehl ""C:\Users\...\Documents\Mediaportal 2\Git_WMC\MediaPortal-2\MediaPortal\Build\\NuGet.exe" restore "C:\Users\...\Documents\Mediaportal 2\Git_WMC\MediaPortal-2\MediaPortal\Build\\..\..\OnlineVideos\OnlineVideos.MediaPortal2.sln"" wurde mit dem Code 1 beendet.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Small status report on the activities ongoing in the background at the moment.
    The WMC skin makes good progress, so generally no worries on that :)
    The good info, is that everything is controllable by mouse/remote/keyboard. Even volume etc. is controllable by mouse now. The mouse controls appear only, if a mouse is moved, so it's not disturbing remote users.

What is already implemented partly or fully:
    1. Home Menu Screen with the typical WMC menu, means vertical Main Menu and horizontal Sub Menu (90%)
    2. Fully working Home Menu Editor, which allows users to create, delete and rename groups (Main Menu Items) and their items (Sub Menu Items). The items can be selected from a list of all available actions, plugins etc. are automatically recognized. Users can configure the menu fully according to their wishes :cool: (100%)
    3. New Top Menu for Media Screens instead of hidden or fade-out menus. Users can directly see, what they can do.
    4. TV screens (New layout, static description thanks to new TextTrimming function) (85%)
    5. Media sceens (New layout, static description thanks to new TextTrimming function) (50%)
    6. Player Controls (75%)
    7. Smooth scrolling effects for all views (80%)
    8. New grouping function (allows grouping of media items with headers) (80%)
    Screenshots:

1_Home_Menu.jpg 2_Home_Menu.jpg
    1_Menu_Editor.jpg 2_Menu_Editor.jpg
    1_Full_Guide.jpg 1_Search_Guide.jpg
    1_Schedule.jpg 2_Schedule.jpg
    1_Movies_Grid.jpg 2_Movies_Cover.jpg

Last edited:

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Wow, progress is much better than even expected! Looks really great (y)(y)
    Keep going on with your ideas and realize them. Also hope to have the mentioned skin settings. Don't listen to those who don't support them, without MP2 is not reaching people :)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Wow, progress is much better than even expected! Looks really great (y)(y)
    Keep going on with your ideas and realize them. Also hope to have the mentioned skin settings. Don't listen to those who don't support them, without MP2 is not reaching people :)
    No worries. I have same opinion. Thinking to know what people want and not leaving options is the wrong direction. I'll add skin settings, so everybody has the chance to configure things as desired. the great menu editor from brownard is the first step. I plan also semitransparent fanarts etc., but everything optional by settings. Nobody is forced to use the settings.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom