Wont load moving pictures (1 Viewer)

pappadingo

Portal Member
November 8, 2008
Hi im having a little trouble with this plugin. I have the atomatic plugin installer and evreything seems to have gone fine, but when i go in the mediaportal configuration and click the plugin tab, i recieve an error message that says
"An error occured while loading the plugin MediaPortal.Plugins.MovingPictures.MovingPicturesGUI It's incompatible with the current MediaPortal version and wont be loaded". I have read through a whole bunch of posts and have come close i see i am not the only one with this problem but i cant fix it. I tried looking for the .db3 file in the application data area like suggested but i dont even have that are where it is suggested. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
The database should be stored in one of these two locations:

Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database\
C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database\

You could try deleting the existing database, maybe somehow it got corrupted. What version of MediaPortal and Moving Pictures are you using though?

pappadingo

Portal Member
November 8, 2008
Thank you for your reply. My version of MediaPortal is 1.0.0.0 RC3 and Moving pictures is 0.7.2.545 i have found the database.dll it is just in the MediaPortal folder i'm not sure what to do with it now. Thank you for your time, i really appreciate your help.

marvenius

Portal Pro
September 3, 2008
Belgium
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
you don't want to delete that dll!
In the path (maybe hidden) that fforde provided is a movingpictures.db3 file. that's the file you need to rename (as a backup) or delete. then reconfigure the plugin.

pappadingo

Portal Member
November 8, 2008
thank you for that. I finally found the db3 file and have deleted it but medie portal still has the same problem when i got the the plugin tab in the configuration.

marvenius

Portal Pro
September 3, 2008
Belgium
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
maybe somehow, something went wrong with the installation.
You may want to verify you only have 1 movingpictures.dll in your plugin\windows directory.
If there are more then 1 (even renamed ones) you have to remove them. Also, you may want to remove (for now) any other plugin you have in there. Maybe even process plugins.
Also, you may want to update to MediaPortal 1.0.0.0 Release... Not sure, but I think there were issues with RC3. You may want to use the search for that.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I think marvenius is right, the next step is probably to try upgrading to the official 1.0 release. Also if you post your log files, I could take a look to see if anything seems off. Take a look here for tips on how to generate useful log files. What we are looking for is the error.log, configuration.log, and movingpictures.log files though.

pappadingo

Portal Member
November 8, 2008
I just wanted to say thank you o much for your advice. I downloaded the rc4 version and things just started to come together straight away. Moving pictures is wirking without a problem as are some other plugins that weren't before. I am still having a couple of problems i have been reading through threads and trying to find some answers. When i use mvids it will only play sound with no video when i play avi files. And every time i try to use the anime plugin it reports an error; "Unhandled exception has occured in your application...... Field 'WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.Translation.RecentlyAdded' not found." Again i want to say thanks and i look forward to any help you may give me with this issue.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    "Unhandled exception has occured in your application...... Field 'WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.Translation.RecentlyAdded' not found."

This error is coming from the TVSeries plugin, seems your using a new database with a older dll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom