MP2 - V2.1 Won't open after installing (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gators

June 8, 2018
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
MediaPortal 2 Version: 2.1.2

Description
I just downloaded and installed MediaPortal, and it won't open. I can open up the configuration and set things up, but once I try to open up the program itself, it gives me an error window, which doesn't even stay up long enough to read, I had to grab a screen capture.

Unhandled Exception

Unhandled exception in application: Could not find the MediaPortal.Common.Threading.IThreadPool service.

Is there an installer available that works that I could obtain? This one is broken.

Steps to Reproduce:
Install. Try to open.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MediaPortal 2 Version: 2.1.2

Description
    I just downloaded and installed MediaPortal, and it won't open. I can open up the configuration and set things up, but once I try to open up the program itself, it gives me an error window, which doesn't even stay up long enough to read, I had to grab a screen capture.

Unhandled Exception

Unhandled exception in application: Could not find the MediaPortal.Common.Threading.IThreadPool service.

Is there an installer available that works that I could obtain? This one is broken.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Install. Try to open.
    Please use the latest version 2.1.3 from download section. Please upload log files in case of problems. How to do that is described in bug forum and wiki.
    Thanks.

Gators

June 8, 2018
    Home Country
    You claim 2.1.3 is the latest version. When I downloaded the latest version from the site, the file that was available is 2.1.2.

Gators

June 8, 2018
    Home Country
    The link above the features checklist, which happens to be the first download link before you scroll down to other download links, happens to download 2.1.2 instead of the latest version. I see now that scrolling down there's another link that downloads the correct version. Will try that and report back tomorrow.

Gators

June 8, 2018
    Home Country
    Installing 2.1.3 has changed nothing, same error. Attached are the logs.

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2018-06-08-21.39.08.zip
      1.2 MB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Installing 2.1.3 has changed nothing, same error. Attached are the logs.
    There is a problem on your system with initalizing freetype library:
    [2018-06-08 21:38:01,690] [5706 ] [Main ] [ERROR] - ScreenManager: Error applying skin 'default', theme 'default'
    System.BadImageFormatException: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)
    at Tao.FreeType.FT.FT_Init_FreeType(IntPtr& alibrary)
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Fonts.FontFamily..ctor(String name, String filePathName)
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.Fonts.FontManager.Load(IResourceAccessor resourcesCollection)
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.SkinManagement.SkinManager.InstallSkinResources(SkinResources skinResources)
    at MediaPortal.UI.SkinEngine.ScreenManagement.ScreenManager.PrepareSkinAndTheme(String skinName, String themeName)

You try to replace attached file in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\SkinEngine\" and try again.
    Please backup the previous file, so it can be restored in case.

Attachments

• 306919_freetype6.7z
      238.7 KB

Gators

June 8, 2018
    Home Country
    Ok, it opens now. But my TV guide is empty, filled with "No program data." for all entries. I can't seem to get it to update at all! How can I DVR anything with a broken tv guide?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, it opens now. But my TV guide is empty, filled with "No program data." for all entries. I can't seem to get it to update at all! How can I DVR anything with a broken tv guide?
    It is not broken, but you need to fill it. Open source software does not deliver program information, but there are several ways to get it depending on country and broadcasting type (satelite, ...).
    Please check the WIKI, there are several server plugins.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom