Won't Return Correct Series (even after manual search) (1 Viewer)

Ryoken

Portal Member
January 12, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Trying to add "Star Wars: Clone Wars" ( Note, not THE Clone Wars, just Clone Wars ) ( http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=72244&lid=7 )

It will NOT return that series. Not when correctly parsed, not when manually entered, not under a search for Star Wars, or Clone Wars.

Any ideas ?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Trying to add "Star Wars: Clone Wars" ( Note, not THE Clone Wars, just Clone Wars ) ( http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=72244&lid=7 )

It will NOT return that series. Not when correctly parsed, not when manually entered, not under a search for Star Wars, or Clone Wars.

Works = http://www.thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?seriesname=Star+Wars+Clone+Wars
    Also Works = http://www.thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?seriesname=Clone+Wars

Fails = http://www.thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?seriesname=Star+Wars

So it does exist, and the above explans why "Star Wars" alone was not enough to locate it (it gets cropped off out of the top results). That means there is not a problem with TheTVdB, but just have to find out what on your system is preventing the lookup from working when you did the manual search on Clone Wars.

Try it again to make sure you did not make any typos. Also what is the final "title" after your string replacement configuration is done with modifying it that is being used to do the automatic search on? If you hover over the title inside import wizard it should tell you. For further assistance would need to at least get a full path+filename example of what you are dealing with, as well as your string replacement setup, or just provide debug log files that show the import failing.

Ryoken

Portal Member
    January 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    It works fine on TheTVDB site, but in MP-TV Series Config it fails, across 3 computers, 2 different versions (an older install of MP 1.6 and 1.7 installed today).. Clone Wars, Star Wars Clone Wars, and Star Wars: Clone Wars all return "Star Wars The Clone Wars"

ATM for all purposes I'm using the latest version of MediaPortal, and MP-TV Series, on a clean install of Windows (only Windows Updates, Base Drivers, and Chrome installed). The Plugin has not been changed in any way, no changes to the import string. That said, when I run the Import Wizard, I do manually enter the Data, both Series Name, Season, and Episode.
    It will then take me to the next window where I approve of all the series(es), step 2 of 4, and that's where I see it's Wrong.

I set a Custom Search Name - "Clone Wars", there is just a single result, for "Star Wars: The Clone Wars (83268)". Same holds true if I search "Star Wars Clone Wars", and "Star Wars: Clone Wars" .. As pointed out above, if I do "Star Wars" there are several results, none of which is correct either.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Inside MediaPortal GUI -> MP-TVSeries -> F9 on the wrongly imported show -> Force Online lookup -> enter "Clone Wars" if needed -> will allow you to select between the two shows available, pick the right one.

Ryoken

Portal Member
    January 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Okay, it never prompted me to enter "Clone Wars", and now it's just vanished.. I can't find them anywhere.. Not even listed under The Clone Wars, or in the import wizard..

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    That is why log files are important, in debug mode they will tell you exactly what happened.

Now it is finding a needle in a haystack if you have a lot of series.

I could try to reproduce it on my test system, but need full path+file-name then.

Ryoken

Portal Member
    January 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    The path two the two files are:
    \\SERVER\Series2\Star Wars Clone Wars (2003)\Series\STAR WARS-CLONE WARS - VOLUME 01 - NTSC DD2.0 x264 XYZ.mkv
    \\SERVER\Series2\Star Wars Clone Wars (2003)\Series\STAR WARS-CLONE WARS - VOLUME 02 - NTSC DD2.0 x264 XYZ.mkv

They had been Manually added as "Star Wars Clone Wars" as Season 1 Episode 1, and Episode 2, but not linked to a TVDB entry (just empty). The Parser didn't pick them up or anything, I had always used the MP-TVSeries config for all my added needs, and had manually selected these files and provided the information..

As for a lot.. well.. 72 series, 3571 episodes.. So I really don't want to have to dump the Database just to get them back..

Included in my shows is Star Wars The Clone Wars.. I already scanned there and don't see any double episodes. Nor do I have any new hidden shows.

Last edited:

Ryoken

Portal Member
    January 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I've managed to can access to the two files again.. ( I moved them to another shared drive ).. But that doesn't help get the imported as the correct show.. I'll just hold off on importing them again till we come up with some way..

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Ok, this explains a lot more. Your filename lacks any S/E info, which does not allow for a correct automatic import, unless you compensated for that with another parsing expression or a string replacement. If no expression is able to obtain the right info from the filename, then the files might simply not register in the importer.

Is this a single file containing an entire season via chapters, or are these individual episodes? If the latter then you have to simply add S01E01 alike information to the filename, and they will import correct fully automatic. There is support for dual-episode via S01E01-02 if needed, but if a media file contains more, you are forced to use hardlinks as a workaround or use any of the many tools available to split the file into individual episodes without transcoding the audio/video codecs.

Ryoken

Portal Member
    January 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I have to ask, why does the filename matter at all, when during the import process I am Manually entering in the Show Name, Season, and Episode #'s.. I've said a few times that I am Manually adding this show (as I do with many others), I don't need it to automatically pick it up, so long as the manual process works. I mean I've added a lot of shows without issue manually before, virtually all my docu's/mini-series.. then during the Import Wizard process in the MP-TVSeries Config I enter all the data.. Shows like Planet Earth and Band of Brothers for example, or Anime like Bakemonogatari (and the several other shows/seasons that TheTVDB groups with it).

I don't like renaming my shows, incase I ever need to share them again. Or otherwise need/want them the way they were released. As such I just manually enter the data during the import process. During Step 2 of 4, after having manually entered the Data, and am just selecting the TV Series, it shouldn't matter what the filenames were, cause all the information has been replaced. But I feel we are getting distracted from the issue I'm asking about.

Why is it when I try to use the Config tool to search for Star Wars Clone Wars, will it NOT return that series ?

VO44ZXE.png

^ Manual Entry of Series Name, Season, and Episode Number.

F7nlPqo.png

^ No auto selected result by default, only that single entry in the dropdown.

SOm5z1V.png

^ Custom Search Name. Only one result, which is Incorrect.

QAuWaSE.png

^ Custom Search Name. Only one result, which is Incorrect.

As I've said, I haven't had issues with my other shows. I mean I have dozen's of Anime's where I keep them saved under their correct names, and then add them manually under the names/seasons TheTVDB uses. Most of them have only episode number, not seasons, it's just been a matter of manual entries.

The issue I have here is the Search/Custom Search Name, refuses to return a result that it should.
    In s step 2 of 4, nothing should matter except the Custom Search Name that I am entering. Yet it will not give me a result we both know exists, and shows up if you manually search TheTVDB API.

It would be really handy if I could just drop in TheTVDB number and associate it that way.. much the same way in Moving Pictures I can just simply give it the IMDb ID and add a movie that way,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom