work on the Joomla remository (1 Viewer)

MrEMan

Portal Member
February 3, 2007
Home Country
Are we getting anywhere with this? There are a few people offering help and no real direction.

Regards

NielsSF

Portal Pro
September 20, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Are we getting anywhere with this? There are a few people offering help and no real direction.

Regards

Yes, we do, I'm working at the moment with the maker of the MPE installer and the web-admin to get it working. There must be much planed but we are on right track.

At the moment we have a working interface between the installer and the repository on the site. Next we are working on the posiblity to enter the new information in the repository. Also we are working on a new layout based on Joomla 1.5 because Joomla 1.0 EOL ended within a month or two.
The change that we now make will be included in that release.

I will report when there is something new.

MrEMan

Portal Member
February 3, 2007
Home Country
Thanks for the info.

Just to be clear in my mind. You are working on this and don't need input from the rest of us? you will let us know when it's done?

Regards

NielsSF

Portal Pro
September 20, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hoi MrEMan,

I think you mis understanded me, we still like your input in this metter and from anybody else.

The thinks i'm working on is how i can benefid the best way from our inputs.
At the moment we are also working on other projects too, that needed to be done so we can go further with implementing the options above. One of them is a new web-site using the new Joomla 1.5 cms. and i needed to short out what we still need to do and what not.

So pleace when you have anything to input please do so.

vinch100

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hello,

for me a web site with all updates sorted clearly is really a good idea, but what would be even more useful is a plugin that could :

1) Check every X hours if an update is available for my current plugins/skin in the XML your web page will provide, then show a popup within MP that could redirect us on a MP window showing all available updates and permitting to apply them.
    2) Display all addons by type (skin, plugin - automation, music, ...) and propose to install them

Do you think that we could achieve that by integrating your web site within MP ?

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    But dead already ?

:(
    All attempts to get a new, or enhanced version of the currently used repository died after a short time.
    Simply because the webdeveloper(s) who promised to do the job dissapeared.

I think that we tried it more than 5 times allready. always the same.....

fripsy

Portal Pro
    December 11, 2008
    Grasse
    Home Country
    France France
    Infinity,

Is there a place where I can get the source for this project?

I can not promise that I could make go the project forward very fast, but as I will have a bit of sparetime left the following months, I would like to give it a try.

I did some Joomla! installs a couple of years ago, I will need to get updated on their latest version, but I would like to give it shot!

Greetz.

Frank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom